Non-motoring > Best business a car wash.!! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bigtee Replies: 24

Best business a car wash.!! - Bigtee
Just passed a car wash it's heaving & cars parked 15+ down the road queeing to get in & this is one of those that manually wash them with steamer and cloths.

It can take 4x on the forecourt and washing them quickly.

There is far too many lazy Bone idle people that won't wash there own cars because the water is cold.!!

Stop been a pussy and be like me this morning washing my own.!! ( and saved £5.00)!!

Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 11 Dec 10 at 17:40
 Best business a car wash.!! - VxFan
Just finished washing mine. Wonder how much I missed in the shadows of the 500 watt security light?

corrected the typo in your subject header in case you wondered why I had edited your post.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 11 Dec 10 at 17:41
 Best business a car wash.!! - Iffy
Washed mine this morning and also feeling virtuous about it.
 Best business a car wash.!! - RattleandSmoke
Not washed mine as I have been too busy using it. The lights and plates are clean that is about it.

Must get it done but then it will only rain mud on it.

I have never once in my life paid for a car wash.
 Best business a car wash.!! - mikeyb
will stick mine through the car wash tomorrow. Injured my hands when 21 so although they work fine I have quite a bit of scaring and a skin graft which has affected the circulation in my hands. Cold weather is a killer for me so the car wash can do the work this time of year
 Best business a car wash.!! - Stuu
Ive washed 5 cars today, none of which were mine. Mum wants hers done tomorrow aswell. Strange that when I look at my filthy car, I dont have any inclination to do anything with it. Maybe next week...
 Best business a car wash.!! - mikeyb
busmans holiday Stu!
 Best business a car wash.!! - -
I wonder sometimes if the dozens of bone idle fatties queued up at the Finedon car wash can lip read as we go by, i do hope so, the day i'm incapable of washing my own car i'll hand me licence in at the nick.

Didn't wash the motors today as neither of us got home till after dark, but they'll have their weekly wash tomorrow.
Pop round when your done gb, got another for ya ;-)
>> Pop round when your done gb, got another for ya ;-)
>>

Go on then bring it round tomorrow early afternoon..sigh..no rest for the wicked, but don't come in the morning, no not that i'll be magpie stalking...;)
Good man. This is what it must feel like for my customers. I really should charge more...
 Best business a car wash.!! - Pat
How quick we are to categorise people.:(

Here's the case for the defence...

I'm not bone idle, neither am I fat, I have the excuse of arthritis and I don't 'do' cold weather or water, but we'll leave that one aside for now.

Why on earth would I want to stand there pouring water over a tin box when there so many other wonderful, exciting productive things I could be doing with my time?
How can you justify depriving another person of earning a wage by doing such a mundane and boring thing yourself?
Most of us in the car wash queues have a generous and caring nature and want to see others prosper, we have a life that goes beyond the nooks and crannies of a means of transport.
We drive past your diveways and see the soapy water polluting the soil, the sweat pouring from your brow as you wield the chamois. The look on your face when you spot that tiny microchip in the paint, and we run to fetch the blood pressure monitor.
We feel sorry for you, you're all slaves to a long perpetuated myth that a car needs to be tended personally, that it's real and has a personality, that it loves you and will repay you for making it clean and shiny.

But look over your shoulder at last week.

When my car washed car is covered in snow, it looks just as good :)

The verdict: It's all a ruse to get out of having to peel the potatoes.

Pat
 Best business a car wash.!! - Crankcase
Frabjous post Pat.

Pouring water over a tin box indeed. Chortle.
 Best business a car wash.!! - CGNorwich
An excellent post Pat.

Best business a car wash.!! - Zero
I don't have time to wash the car, too busy charging the battery every waking moment.
 Best business a car wash.!! - R.P.
Wash it after the next lot - as Rattle lights, windows and front plate cleaned.
 Best business a car wash.!! - Iffy
...I don't have time to wash the car, too busy charging the battery every waking moment...

And you'll never get to sleep if you start worrying about the cambelt.

Best business a car wash.!! - Old Navy
>> And you'll never get to sleep if you start worrying about the cambelt.
>>
>>

Relax iffy, mine has a chain drive camshaft and a seven year warranty. :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sun 12 Dec 10 at 21:27
 Best business a car wash.!! - Runfer D'Hills
>> they'll have their weekly wash tomorrow.

I take it you'll be running a chamois over the Merc too? Or is it still being left to rot in a forgotten corner of the Bennet estate, gathering dust and lichen as it slips into undeserved dereliction while you flounce about without a care for her in that little French lightweight ?

:-)
 Best business a car wash.!! - Armel Coussine
I got mine hand-washed yesterday in the Sainsbury's car park up the road from where I used to live, a stone's throw from the site of the Ladbroke Grove train crash and from Kensal Green cemetery.

Silver cars don't show the dirt too badly apart from finger marks on the boot lid, but the jalopy sure was filthy after all the weather, and coated in salt. The guy, a big strong oriental type, perhaps Filipino, took 15 minutes and charged a fiver (but I bunged him 2 quid for a drink because he did a fair job and the car had been very dirty).

It's running much better now. But I seem to have gouged and unhooked the rear valance on the near side, unless it was someone else in a car park. Damn!
 Best business a car wash.!! - Tooslow
Two washed yesterday afternoon. A quick squirt with a soapy brush on the end of a hose. My preferred solution in wither. Lots of water to wash off all of that muck. Points scored with SWMBO. Of course the lane is covered in mud, so....
John
>> I take it you'll be running a chamois over the Merc too?

I don't believe it, without a by your leave you callously disposed of the faithful Betsy with not a twinge of guilt and have the ordacity to raise the subject of beloved MB.
Which unlike the aforementioned derelict abandoned soul resides here in pride of place regularly washed, battery fully charged, discs cleaned by the odd move ready for possibly better days.

I couldn't bring meself to do what you did, and just before Christmas too...wouldn't be surprised to see a certain Mondeo turn up on a fly on the wall documentary next year should the Salvation Army's Mancunian team find here before she's dismembered, i hope they find her a caring home....

As for Pat's unconvincing attempt to justify the lack of personal care shown to her vehicle, don't do cold or wet...i had to pick meself up off the floor after that howler, check your hands...still aching and cracked from the days of roping and sheeting?

Mine are and like yours they'll never recover, nor my constantly aching right shoulder from the transporter ratcheting...there were no pansies in the old days of trucking, outside in all weathers, trying to sleep on two bits of wood across the bonnet of those unheated days cabs.
You'll need a better excuse than that one.

:-)

I'm off before they gang up..;)

I relented today. Had all the kit out to do mums Coupe so I figured while I was already cold, I may aswell give mine a wash while I was there - free water and electric sealed the deal :-) thx mum!
 Best business a car wash.!! - Pat
You forgot handballing all those Cyprus spuds on the deck in the docks too:)

Pat
 Best business a car wash.!! - Netsur
Last time I washed a car by hand was about 10 years ago. I occasionally do the inside and door shuts and I have power washed the parent's car which sits under trees all year and gets growth from the rubbers, but mine - I go to the Albanian across the road. Presumably in between running prostitutes he cleans cars. If only the girls......no I better hadn't go there...
Latest Forum Posts