Non-motoring > The Future wasn't supposed to be like this Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Tooslow Replies: 18

The Future wasn't supposed to be like this - Tooslow
www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11911335

When I were a lad, space travel was supposed to be glamorous, swoopy styling with scantily clad women (I especially remember that part!) and not looking like a ten year old Tranny that's been left outside for too long.

You'd never catch Dan Dare in one of these.

John
 The Future wasn't supposed to be like this - Dog
Not so long ago we lived in caves or mud huts and we still live in the dark ages really as far as space travel goes.

Our Sun is 5 billion years old but our Galaxy is at least twice that age,
some Galaxies in the Universe are even older than that.

It's mind boggling to wonder what modes of space travel advanced ET civilisations could have.
 The Future wasn't supposed to be like this - R.P.
See our partner website (from another galaxy) www.spaceship4play.com.....
Last edited by: Pugugly on Fri 3 Dec 10 at 17:45
 The Future wasn't supposed to be like this - AnotherJohnH
It looks like a "cut 'n' shut" job to me, but I'm not sure what the donors were.

Any ideas?
 The Future wasn't supposed to be like this - diddy1234
Nice tool to sneak secret surveillance on other country or even launch 'rods from god' weapon's.

Eves-dropping communications on another country is so yesterday.....
Last edited by: diddy1234 on Fri 3 Dec 10 at 19:31
 The Future wasn't supposed to be like this - Dog
Some peops could get the wrong idea friend - what with insulated pot drivers, and now space ship 4play.

:}
 The Future wasn't supposed to be like this - Leif
Does it come with a towbar for a caravan?
 The Future wasn't supposed to be like this - Old Navy
Does it have a RR Trent 900 engine, or is it the tree huggers hybrid version.
 The Future wasn't supposed to be like this - Dulwich Estate
I think the real plan is that in time the X-37B gets to have a nuclear weapon in its trunk (well it is American).

There it is happily orbiting the earth not doing much - and then with one signal from Mr President there's a missile on its way to anywhere on the planet. The missile could hit within maybe 15 - 20 minutes and nothing's going to stop it.

Yes, The Future wasn't supposed to be like this.
 The Future wasn't supposed to be like this - BiggerBadderDave
"I think the real plan is that in time the X-37B gets to have a nuclear weapon in its trunk"

I can't imagine anyone would be daft enough to strap a nuclear weapon onto several hundred tons of rocket fuel and launch it from their own soil.
Dave, think again -

What's an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile ?
 The Future wasn't supposed to be like this - R.P.
But they are weapons of last resort so if one blows up on take off doesn't really make much difference to people on the ground - one exploding in peacetime would be a very different matter.
They're not hundreds of tons of rocket fuel.
"Of the 4378 space launches conducted worldwide between 1957 and 1999, 390 launches failed (the success rate was 91.1 percent)"

"In the United States, 164 space launches failed"

"From 1991 to 1996, the Chinese space launch record was marred by five failures."

"Japanese liquid-propellant rockets (H-II) suffered two launch failures during 1998 and 1999. Japan's other seven launch failures involved solid-propellant rockets."

"Several satellites have plunged into Bengal Bay since India's space program began in 1979."

Loads of good stuff here

www.aero.org/publications/crosslink/winter2001/03.html

Makes you wonder why anyone would want to inside a rocket
Last edited by: BiggerBadderDave on Sat 4 Dec 10 at 11:14
OK - don't believe me then. Maybe, I'll show you you the Wikileaks files in a couple of years!
No it's not that I don't believe you! Perhaps the Americans are just daft enough to do it.

ICBMs may have a similar failure rate, but if you're launching one of those with a nuclear warhead inside it's already Judgement Day and it won't matter if a few of them rain back down.
 The Future wasn't supposed to be like this - Bigtee
It was to launch the Golden Eye into space & has nuclear missile & sting ray capabilities.
 The Future wasn't supposed to be like this - Old Navy
A nuclear weapon will not detonate if a missile fails at launch. There may be some local radiation though if the bomb is damaged.
 The Future wasn't supposed to be like this - Tooslow
"Perhaps the Americans are just daft enough to do it."

Two words. Sarah Palin.

That's my email account being monitored now! :-)

John
Latest Forum Posts