Non-motoring > Advice needed for a serious problem Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 20

Advice needed for a serious problem - Dog
I have suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating.

All the usual signs; phone rings, if I answer the caller hangs up, going out with the girls a lot, etc.

I try to stay awake to look out for her when she comes home, but I usually fall asleep.

But last night, about midnight, I hid in the shed behind the boat.

She got out of someone's car buttoning up her blouse, then she took her panties out of her purse and slipped them on.

It was at that moment, crouched behind the boat I noticed a hairline crack in the outboard mounting bracket.

Is that something I can weld or do I need to replace it?

Advice needed for a serious problem - BobbyG
Thats real bad luck Dog, problems with 2 cracks in the one evening......
 Advice needed for a serious problem - Clk Sec
I wondered why you were selling-up. More worrying, though, is the iffy style of your post.
 Advice needed for a serious problem - Iffy
...More worrying, though, is the iffy style of your post...

I think it just means he's a wise old Dog who knows posts using short sentences clearly laid out are much easier to read than posts using long sentences and no carriage returns in between which leads to a solid impenetrable block of text which looks unattractive and which no one wants to read.
 Advice needed for a serious problem - Tooslow
"carriage returns " now there's a blast from the past. I could almost hear the "ting!".
John
 Advice needed for a serious problem - Clk Sec
>>I could almost hear the "ting!".

An Imperial 66, I'll wager. Don't drop it on your foot!
 Advice needed for a serious problem - Netsur
The old ones are the best ones...............
 Advice needed for a serious problem - sherlock47
I think that a replacement is in order.
 Advice needed for a serious problem - henry k
>> I think that a replacement is in order.
>>
I am told that oars never fail you.
 Advice needed for a serious problem - Crankcase
Talking of cracks, in this cold weather my skin gets dry and chapped, especially in the, shall we say, nether regions.

Coming home from holiday last week all was absolutely fine until Customs asked if I'd had a nice time and I said it was great apart from the crack in my bottom.

Advice needed for a serious problem - Tooslow
This could be serious. It's not under guarantee is it?
John
 Advice needed for a serious problem - Fenlander
You are looking at the problem from the wrong perspective.... the outboard bracket crack indicates an inboard diesel would be more appropriate for your boat.
 Advice needed for a serious problem - movilogo
How many years of warranty you get with boats?
 Advice needed for a serious problem - Zero
Look at it from the Humph perspective.

Your wife is about to take you to the cleaners, console yourself by spending all the money and assets you have on buying a new boat, where the thieving cow cant get at it.
 Advice needed for a serious problem - Cliff Pope
Sometimes it's better not to know. Your outboard motor might survive for years, and be all the stronger because you were able to take a more relaxed attitude. Try going with another outboard for a few trips, and you may well find that you are better off with the one you know, for all its flaws.
Just stick a bit of paper over the crack.

But if you are worried, give the bracket a hit with a sledge hammer to test how sturdy it really is. Then you will know, one way or the other.
 Advice needed for a serious problem - John H
>> But if you are worried, give the bracket a hit with a sledge hammer to
>>

That deals with Hilda Bracket but still leaves the partner Evadne Hinge to be dealt with.
 Advice needed for a serious problem - madf
Priority is to fix the outboard. Then, one sunny but blowy day, take your errant wife out in it (the boat of course), and ensure she falls overboard.
Simples.

Sometimes I think you can make a mountain out of a mole hill. Get your priorities correct: sort out the solution first and the address the problem.
Last edited by: madf on Fri 3 Dec 10 at 12:22
 Advice needed for a serious problem - Ted

If you do take her out in the boat, as suggested, make sure you treat her to a few nice things first.
A short roll of carpet, some gaffer tape and a dozen or so housebricks should suffice.

Ted
 Advice needed for a serious problem - RattleandSmoke
Its ok, I know a place which does buy one get one free on wifes. They just won't speak English or want to be with you.

I am guessing the thing about wife wasn't serious :).
 Advice needed for a serious problem - Robin O'Reliant
>> Its ok, I know a place which does buy one get one free on wifes.
>> They just won't speak English or want to be with you.
>>
God, that sounds perfect. Where can I get a couple?
 Advice needed for a serious problem - Dog
>>I am guessing the thing about wife wasn't serious :).<<

Nah ... it was a dinghy ;}
Latest Forum Posts