Non-motoring > Anyone been to Iceland (the country) ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 16

Anyone been to Iceland (the country) ? - R.P.
It's nudged its way on to my Bucket List - anyone been there recently (changes since the crash etc) apart from the Volcano anything worth making the effort to see there ?
 Anyone been to Iceland (the country) ? - Stuu
My half brother went whale watching there, he rated it very highly, as did my young cousin with his girlfriend.
 Anyone been to Iceland (the country) ? - Harleyman
They've got a very good, active and hard-partying Harley-Davidson club!
!
 Anyone been to Iceland (the country) ? - Bromptonaut
Have long wanted to and it was on the list for my 50th last year. In the end looked to pricey and we went to the Isle of Lewis instead!!
 Anyone been to Iceland (the country) ? - BiggerBadderDave
You went to John Lewis instead of Iceland?
 Anyone been to Iceland (the country) ? - ....
PU when you read that did the Blue Oyster Bar from Police academy run through your mind too ;-)
No comment :-)
 Anyone been to Iceland (the country) ? - borasport
I obviously don't get out enough any more (see Scillies thread) as the last time I was in Iceland, we had two popes in one year. When you are sat in a tent in the middle of nowhere and you can only get the BBC world service when the winds in the right direction, if every news broadcast is about electing a new pope you start to doubt your own sanity (although the ritual of ending the day sharing a bottle of scotch and a joint may have something to do with that. Students, eh ?)

Even then it was horrendously expensive, and I don't think that has changed much - apparently it top of the 'Macdonalds index' before they shut the Macdonalds last year as not even the natives can afford them - so not a place for Rattle to visit then.
 Anyone been to Iceland (the country) ? - Runfer D'Hills
I fancy Iceland. All about glacier bashing in a 4x4 and sitting in hot pools with Scandy birds isn't it?
Humph - I believe the flights are good ! :-)
 Anyone been to Iceland (the country) ? - Bromptonaut
Two popes in one year; surely that happens every time one popes off!!

Assume you mean 78 when after the anticipated death of Pope Paul his successor also croaked after only few weeks.
 Anyone been to Iceland (the country) ? - borasport
Thats the one... but like I said, booze & dope, playing cards and listening to Devo and the Tubes every evening..... it's all a bit hazy :-)
Last edited by: borasport on Wed 1 Dec 10 at 22:21
 Anyone been to Iceland (the country) ? - Avant
I remember that year - a friend's young daughter was watching the TV news and rushed to tell her mum - 'Mummy, Mummy, the Pope's dead - Again.'

Never been to Iceland but I hope to one day - probably quite irrationally I'd also like to go to the Faeroe Islands.
Last edited by: Avant on Thu 2 Dec 10 at 00:16
 Anyone been to Iceland (the country) ? - MD
A mate recently asked me what the capital of Iceland was and I replied £3.50. He wasn't impressed. Never mind eh!
 Anyone been to Iceland (the country) ? - Crankcase
Two popes in one year - I was thinking of the Avignon papacy, but I guess even the most venerable member here doesn't go back quite that far.
 Anyone been to Iceland (the country) ? - CGNorwich
Off my list since the Icelandic government reneged on their compensation scheme and I lost £30,000 (I was later compensated by the UK government.)

Won't eat their fish either.
Latest Forum Posts