Non-motoring > Interesting garden plants Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Stuu Replies: 4

Interesting garden plants - Stuu
Anyone got anything interesting in their garden? Ive tried to put some less obvious stuff in mine as it was almost a blank canvas when I moved in, with a total of 10 plants on the entire plot.

The scariest plant I have is a Coast Redwood. Its planted within two pots sunk into the ground though to contain root spread, atleast for now. My dad has one in his back garden that I planted about 6 years ago and its a huge grower, every year it must add 30% to its height. Its far away from the house there though so it has free reign to go as high as it wants.

Ive mainly gone for interesting small trees and shrubs, I loath too much work. I have a Eucalyptus and a Monkey Puzzle in the front garden, along with a Kale which is the darndest plant ive ever seen - this one is purple and green with bright yellow flowers and really stands out.

Ive got a Twisted Willow in the back, one of natures oddities for sure and a black elderberry. Ive also got a grape vine starting out, seems to do well in the drier part of my garden.

Im hoping to get alot more Kale in next year, Ive decided I like them. Anyone else got some curious plants worth trying? What have you got that people are drawn to?
 Interesting garden plants - henry k
No contest :-
www.wollemipine.co.uk/

Interesting garden plants - Stuu
Oh now you've one it. I want one of them!
 Interesting garden plants - Mapmaker
Davidia Involucrata

www.duncanwil.co.uk/hanky.html

Interesting garden plants - Tooslow
How about: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquidambar_styraciflua ?

We have a "Worplesdon". V. nice at this time of year. I think it will take a LONG tome to get to the size of this one.

John
Latest Forum Posts