Non-motoring > Sony BDP-s370 & Iphone Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 10

Sony BDP-s370 & Iphone - Zero
well blow me down

I am impressed. I was just turning on the Sony BDP S-370 Blue ray player to load up the new copy of "Blue Bloods" (very good new cops show - only US tv so far) and the player bleated about wanting a new update over the net.

So it updates, and I go on the web to see whats new in the update.

FULL REMOTE CONTROL VIA AN IPHONE APP.

Well its simply superb - speechless.
 Sony BDP-s370 & Iphone - R.P.
So far so good for me as well - BMW seats and cabin will be warmed via an app as soon as I wake up if I happen to need to go out on a cold morning.
It meets the, now fullfilled requirement of being able to input text strings quickly to search you tube

Satisfied punter.

I cant believe how good this player is for the money,
 Sony BDP-s370 & Iphone - ....
I think Apple need to quickly develop a pub mode.

You can just imagine coming home to find the car idling, cabin nice and warm with toasty seats, some vague film a mate recommended blaring out and the wife sat there with a face like thunder :-)
I was only showing the lads this new app.!
 Sony BDP-s370 & Iphone - Hard Cheese

Just bought a Sony BDP-S570, still in the box so nothing to report, similar to the 370 though with built in wifi, also iPhone compatible though what is the advantage in controlling a Blueray play er with your phone?

Sony BDP-s370 & Iphone - rtj70
I am imagining the time very soon when there will be a very good and popular BluRay player that is used mostly for accessing Internet based media. I wonder if many of these will link to a NAS in the home hosting MP4 movies using DLNA? I could be tempted for that reason.

Edit: just reading the Sony player Cheddar mentions support iPlayer of DLNA... hmm.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Sat 4 Dec 10 at 22:03
 Sony BDP-s370 & Iphone - Tooslow
I'm a bit baffled as to why the 370 needs an upgrade for iPhone control. Surely the iPhone is just squirting out IR and the 370 doesn't know nor care where it comes from?
John
 Sony BDP-s370 & Iphone - Skoda
It's over WiFi John, the iPhone doesn't have IR :-( would make a killer all in one remote if the did include IR.

The PS3 still doesn't support this. Best we get is Blurays with that "pocketBLU" software, only 2 i've got are inglorious basterds and green zone, there aren't many titles with it enabled. Where it does exist though, it works fairly well with the iPhone as a remote.
 Sony BDP-s370 & Iphone - Tooslow
ah! Thanks Skoda. That is clever.
John
 Sony BDP-s370 & Iphone - paulb
>> The PS3 still doesn't support this.

Pity. I'd definitely have bought an app that did this.
>>
>> Just bought a Sony BDP-S570, still in the box so nothing to report, similar to
>> the 370 though with built in wifi, also iPhone compatible though what is the advantage
>> in controlling a Blueray play er with your phone?

You dont have an iphone, so I am not going to tell you.
Latest Forum Posts