Non-motoring > Reading to Wembley Arena, Wednesday Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 10

Reading to Wembley Arena, Wednesday - Focusless
4 of us (adults) need to get from Reading to Wembley Arena next Wednesday, to arrive by about 11am. If we all took the train from Reading, it would cost about £80 in total, and we were looking for a cheaper option.

In the past I've parked at Hammersmith (Grove?) and taken the tube from there, but will there be spaces at that time in the morning (say 10am)? Or any other suggestions?
 Reading to Wembley Arena, Wednesday - Tooslow
So that's the Motorhead 35th anniversary tour? :-)

'scuse me, I'll get out of the way now and make room for useful answers.

John
 Reading to Wembley Arena, Wednesday - Bromptonaut
Drive to Watford Junction & take the Overground to Wembley Central? No on street parking nearby but the station car park is massive.
 Reading to Wembley Arena, Wednesday - Pat
I'll drive you for a free ticket Focus:)

Pleeeeese!

Pat
>> I'll drive you for a free ticket Focus:)
>>
>> Pleeeeese!

Errr.... it's SWMBO's ODP graduation ceremony actually :)
 Reading to Wembley Arena, Wednesday - Pat
I thought it was Motorhead...I withdraw my offer:)

Pat
 Reading to Wembley Arena, Wednesday - Tooslow
Sorry about that Focus. Now you see how rumours start! Congrats to Mrs Focus. And sympathy to Pat. :-)

John
>> Sorry about that Focus. Now you see how rumours start! Congrats to Mrs Focus. And
>> sympathy to Pat. :-)

No probs, and thanks. I'd like to be able to say I'd rather be going to see Motorhead, but (a) I'd be shot if Mrs F found out, and (b) it wouldn't be true; old age is a terrible thing :)
Last edited by: Focus on Fri 19 Nov 10 at 19:17
In the end we just drove all the way to the stadium and used the stadium car park. Loads of space and a bargain at £18 (well, less than we would have paid if we had parked in Reading station car park anyway).

Getting there pretty easy but getting back to the M4 on the North Circular at 4:30pm wasn't much fun - glad I don't do that every day. (I think we should have taken the A40, but by the time I spotted it it would have meant barging my way through 3 lanes of tightly packed traffic...)
 Reading to Wembley Arena, Wednesday - Iffy
...Loads of space and a bargain at £18 (well, less than we would have paid if we had parked in Reading station car park anyway)...

Does it really cost more than £18 to park in Reading railway station car park for a day?

You're probably right about the North Circular, the stretch from Hanger Lane to the Hogarth Roundabout at Chiswick has always been hard work.
>> ...Loads of space and a bargain at £18 (well, less than we would have paid
>> if we had parked in Reading station car park anyway)...
>>
>> Does it really cost more than £18 to park in Reading railway station car park
>> for a day?

£21.60 per day - en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/carpark/reading_station/rg1/reading/

Actually looking at the charges we would probably only have paid £16.20, but then there would have been the £80 of train tickets to add to the equation. I think the car was the best choice financially and of course for door-to-door (nearly) convenience, despite the North Circular.

>> You're probably right about the North Circular, the stretch from Hanger Lane to the Hogarth
>> Roundabout at Chiswick has always been hard work.

Roadworks at Hangar Lane (I think) didn't help, but to be honest it wasn't that bad - I'm just used to commuting by train :)
Latest Forum Posts