Non-motoring > Recommendations please - B&B York Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Badwolf Replies: 7

Recommendations please - B&B York - Badwolf
Morning comrades,

I'm after a cheap (preferably <£60 per night for two), good quality B&B within easy walking distance of York city centre.

Any recommendations would be gratefully received. Ta in advance.

BW.
 Recommendations please - B&B York - Bigtee
www.iknow-yorkshire.co.uk/north_yorkshire/york_uk/all_prices/guest_houses/all_specialities/

A quick google search found these.
Thanks, Bigtee. I'll have a gander at those now.

I'd like a recommendation from someone who has actually stayed somewhere, not someone who purports to have stayed somewhere but is actually an employee or suchlike.
 Recommendations please - B&B York - helicopter
www.ascothouseyork.com/

Slightly higher than your budget but within a 15 minute walk of the city centre so you can leave the car and catch a bus or walk.

We stayed there 9 years ago and it was comfortable and friendly then with a massive breakfast.It may have changed in the ensuing years.......
 Recommendations please - B&B York - Bigtee
How long are you staying for? One night you can put up with owt or i can a week well yes you may want a recomendation, But the stars on the liting tell you something don't they?
 Recommendations please - B&B York - Perky Penguin
Have a look at tripadvisor for some reviews. I stayed there years ago in what I thought was a nice part of the City. The B&B owner told me to bring everything moveable out of the car, to foil the chavs. This included the rear parcel shelf (hatchback) so that the nasties could see there was nothing in the boot. The breakfast was good though!
We'll be staying for two nights, Friday and Saturday.

Perky Penguin - ooer! Wouldn't want to be staying in that area of York!
 Recommendations please - B&B York - legacylad
We always stay at the Mount Royale.
Not been disappointed on our three previous visits these past three years.
Latest Forum Posts