Non-motoring > A potty problem Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Iffy Replies: 11

A potty problem - Iffy
One of the toilets in the caravan is acting up.

The en-suite wc no longer empties fully when it is flushed.

It stops emptying when there's about three inches of water in the bottom of the cistern.

It used to leave just a puddle, although I appreciate the refilling water is coming in by this point.

The flush is still enough to get the job done, but I don't want its performance to decline any further.

A secondary issue is the cisterns are emptied for the winter, so it means I will now have some mopping out to do, but I can cope with that.

The plastic internals of the cistern are marked 'Dudley', and I'm certain there's no half-flush option.

The only other clue I can offer is that toilet is sometimes left unused for quite a while.

I try to remember to use it now and again, but it may not get flushed for several weeks at a time.

It is working as it should in other respects, and the same make and model in the main bathroom empties fully when flushed.

Any thoughts welcome.

A potty problem - Bigtee
Dry seals the diaphram needs working or replacing, found a few probs with father inlaws van from not been used like you would with your house.
 A potty problem - paulb
Toilets plural? What is this thing, a palace???
 A potty problem - Iffy
...Toilets plural? What is this thing, a palace???...

Comfortable, we like to think.

It's a 38ft static, laid out with only two bedrooms, so there is a bit of space.

A potty problem - paulb
>> It's a 38ft static, laid out with only two bedrooms, so there is a bit
>> of space.
>>

Only messing :-) I know what you mean - friend of mine lives in a 3 or so bedroom version and it's got more room than my house!
 A potty problem - Iffy
...I know what you mean - friend of mine lives in a 3 or so bedroom version and it's got more room than my house!...

Couldn't fire up the MacBook Pro in a dump, could I?

Some people on here live in their caravan, but you've not got the insulation you have with bricks and mortar, so they can be hard work in the winter.

Mine's got double glazing and central heating, but it's still basically a tin box.

A problem with the cold is the water freezing, which is one of the reasons why I keep a close eye on the plumbing.

PS: Sorry to hear your Mac is acting up with the Tom Tom, hope it hasn't spoiled your enjoyment of the new computer too much.

Last edited by: Iffy on Sat 6 Nov 10 at 17:54
 A potty problem - paulb
Thanks :-) Think it was just a dodgy download - have since re-installed and not an error message to be seen. Goodness knows what happened there.....
 A potty problem - Iffy
...Think it was just a dodgy download...

Pleased to hear that.

I think buying a Mac was an expensive treat for each of us, so it's very disappointing if it doesn't perform as expected.

A potty problem - bathtub tom
Would it matter if it did freeze? As long as it's nearly empty there should be plenty of space for any ice to expand into.
 A potty problem - R.P.
Hope you don't have any dodgy downloads iffy given your plumbing problem !
 A potty problem - Zero
There is no concept of a "dodgy download" A device called a "check sum" will tell you if what you downloaded is not what was served to you.

Of course there is the concept of what was being served to you being dodgy. The PC world (Mac and PC) is built on them.
 A potty problem - Iffy
...Would it matter if it did freeze? As long as it's nearly empty there should be plenty of space for any ice to expand into...

That's true.

A couple of pints of winter grade windscreen washer fluid does the trick, and plenty in the U-bend - if that freezes hard it can crack the porcelain.

My main concern is to keep the wc working as a toilet.
Latest Forum Posts