Non-motoring > Organ donation Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 20

Organ donation - Dog
What are your views on organ donation?

Would you agree to having your Kidneys, Liver, Heart, Lungs etc. being transplanted after your demise?

Nether myself or my wife carry donor cards because we don't trust the NHS to put our interests first, if and when the time came.

If my elder Sister who suffers from CKD needed a Kidney and mine was a match, then well - I wouldn't have to think twice about that.

Many of you know my views on health/wellness, illness/medication etc. so it probably won't come as a surprise to learn that I wouldn't want anyone's organs, or blood in my body thank you very much,
even if it was a life/death situation.
 Organ donation - Bigtee
Yes you can chop me up when im brown bread and take anything to save a another life my liver won't be of much use.

Make it cumpulsory unless you decline by carring a card or better still have it on a database, it would be like car parts take what you need & plenty in stock all the time do it i say.
 Organ donation - paulb
>> Yes you can chop me up when im brown bread and take anything to save
>> a another life my liver won't be of much use.
>>

Ditto. Pretty certain in my case that it would be like putting remoulds on a Ferrari, but hey! if someone can get some use out of any of my surplus kit, so much the better.
 Organ donation - BiggerBadderDave
"If my elder Sister who suffers from CKD needed a Kidney and mine was a match, then well - I wouldn't have to think twice about that."

Me neither. It would be hers the second that £50k cleared my bank account.
 Organ donation - Bigtee
Me neither. It would be hers the second that £50k cleared my bank account.

You should try and transplant your sense of humour.
 Organ donation - BiggerBadderDave
£10 to you, looks like you could do with one.
 Organ donation - Bigtee
Thanks i'll take that................
 Organ donation - bathtub tom
I used to be in favour, until I realised some organs are removed from a living body. They try to keep you going artificially. You may be clinically dead, but who knows?

Like our woofter friend, I don't trust them to have my best interests at heart.
 Organ donation - Roger.
.............sort of in line with the thread .................... why are ordinary common or garden funerals so eye-wateringly expensive?
How expensive can it be to provide a vehicle to carry a used up husk to the crem and how much gas does it take to burn up the bits?
It's a total rip-off - for me when I've popped my clogs, a quick fold up into a polybag and a trip out to sea, or a landfill would be quite OK.
Here, in Spain, they dispose of you within a couple of days and the undertakers want payment up-front before they'll do that.
I just wonder what happens if your survivor, or your estate, doesn't have the moolah - do they leave you to fester in-situ?
I must find out!
 Organ donation - Dog
>>when I've popped my clogs, a quick fold up into a polybag and a trip out to sea, or a landfill would be quite OK.<<

Ah, you say that landsker, and most probably mean it as well, but you know Mrs landsker wouldn't let that happen,
My Father used to say "put me down the chute (rubbish) when I die" but my Mother made sure he had the full Monty down the hole jobbie, I often think than if (and when) I knew the end was near, I'd catch the Penzance to Scilly ferry,
and jump ship mid way :)
 Organ donation - Perky Penguin
SFAIK it is legal, so long as one has a cremation certificate, to take the deceased to a crem in a large cardboard box and aks them to burn it. No Coffin, no service just a fire. Would suit me.
 Organ donation - Iffy
...Like our woofter friend...

Is he?

Thought he was happily married.

Organ donation - devonite
>>, I don't trust them to have my best interests at heart. <<

Exactly! - it`s your Heart that interests!

and... I was so hoping that BBD was going to trot out this old gem!

BBD to Girl: Do you believe in organ donation?
Girl: yes!
BBD: good! you can have mine now then!
 Organ donation - Bigtee
Quite enjoy a right good BBQ so this is the way forward..................
 Organ donation - Zero

>> BBD to Girl: Do you believe in organ donation?
>> Girl: yes!
>> BBD: good! you can have mine now then!

Well I am surprised this thread lasted that long before the pork sword jokes came out.
 Organ donation - Zero
>> Thanks i'll take that................

As someone said up the thread," that's like putting remoulds on a Ferrari. "
 Organ donation - Ted

No problem....I've been wondering about being an orgasm donor....sounds like fun !

Ted
 Organ donation - Ian (Cape Town)
I got serious abuse in the old place, when i said i'd like my organs to be used BUT only through a screened process.
Effectively, yes, have my bits.
But NOT for a rich/influential/celebrity type who'll jump the queue. Like George Best. Or our late minister of health, who did a bottle of Jack D a day.
 Organ donation - Dog
>>But NOT for a rich/influential/celebrity type who'll jump the queue. Like George Best. Or our late minister of health, who did a bottle of Jack D a day.<<

That is *exactly* the way I feel, I know a young Woman, married to a Publican, who just would not lay off the sherbet,

Had she done so, she would have qualified for a Liver transplant, but she doesn't need one now :(
 Organ donation - Ian (Cape Town)
We have a BIG problem with "medical tourists" arriving and jumping queues by waving large bags of cash at people. and then continue lashing the turps til next time.

Organ donation - Iffy
...But NOT for a rich/influential/celebrity type who'll jump the queue...

That's opened a can of ethical worms.

Reminds me of the faculty rules of the philosophy department at the University of Woolloomooloo, as read by John Cleese in a Monty Python sketch:

1. No poofters.
2. No member of the faculty is to maltreat the "Abos" in any way whatsoever—if there's anyone watching.
3. No poofters.
4. I don't want to catch anyone not drinking in their room after lights out.
5. No poofters.
6. There is no... rule six.
7. No poofters.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f_p0CgPeyA
Latest Forum Posts