Non-motoring > HDD & DVD/video cassette recorder ventilation fan Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 6

HDD & DVD/video cassette recorder ventilation fan - L'escargot
The ventilation fan of our Toshiba RDXV59DTKB2 HDD & DVD/video cassette recorder runs all the time it's connected to the mains, even when it's just on standby. Do you think this is normal?
 HDD & DVD/video cassette recorder ventilation fan - Zero
Yes, its normal. Its a small fan with not much througput. If its noticeable because its noisy, then take it apart and clean and lubricate the fan.
Thanks, Zero.
If I get a cable amplifier/splitter will I be able to record one Freeview programme whilst watching another? With the standard setup the programme being watched automatically changes over to the one being recorded. My signal comes from an analogue aerial which, because of the the good reception, picks up digital transmissions without a problem.
Assuming your signal is good and strong, and assuming you watch your recorded programs through the scart lead, then yes it very possible to split your aerial lead to feed the recorder and the TV. As a splitter is pennies, its worth buying one to experiment.
 HDD & DVD/video cassette recorder ventilation fan - Manatee
If he has say a digital HDD recorder and a digital TV he won't need a splitter will he? As long as he has a scart or HDMI say between the two, and connects the RF pass through cable between the recorder and the TV?
It sounds like the pass through isn't a pass through. Maybe L'es is not watching the recorder via scart or HDMI, maybe that's all he needs to do?

The full correct answer of course is to buy a multi tuner PVR, like a Humax.
Latest Forum Posts