Non-motoring > Windows 7 mobile phones Miscellaneous
Thread Author: PeteW Replies: 8

Windows 7 mobile phones - PeteW
Anyone got/used one of these yet?
How do they compare 'real world' to the Android phones?
I was all set to get a Desire come upgrade but there seems to be a sudden wave of new handsets (some from HTC) using windows which are cheaper per month and seem to offer similar performance....
 Windows 7 mobile phones - Perky Penguin
www.engadget.com/2010/10/20/windows-phone-7-review/
 Windows 7 mobile phones - Zero
If your life is centred around facebook, and you want your life ordered the microsoft way its perfect.

I am guessing you dont.
 Windows 7 mobile phones - PeteW
>>and you want your life ordered the microsoft way

No thanks, that's what I got married for!
 Windows 7 mobile phones - John H
>> Anyone got/used one of these yet?

>> a sudden wave of new handsets (some from HTC) using windows which are cheaper per
>>

Seems plenty of people have, but maybe not on this forum, and it seems that they are so cheap that they have sold out
www.theregister.co.uk/2010/11/03/windows_phone_sold_out/

Windows 7 mobile phones - Fursty Ferret
I had a play with one in the shop the other day. Very impressed, much more polished than Android despite only being first generation, and it had no problems pulling up my Gmail or Outlook accounts.
 Windows 7 mobile phones - Zero
Ist generation?

Get out of it, this is something like generation 6.
 Windows 7 mobile phones - RattleandSmoke
I tried one the other day, they have spent much effort in making sure the BSOD is mroe user friendly as this is what Windows 7 mobile users will be seeing the most anyway. Sorry I shall get my hat.

Personaly though I am trying to move away from Microsoft as much as possible so a Windows 7 phone dosn't really appeal to me no matter how good it may be. I will never say never though but for now I am a Symbian convert for business and Android for personal.
Last edited by: RattleandSmoke on Thu 4 Nov 10 at 14:50
 Windows 7 mobile phones - Boxsterboy
>> Ist generation?
>>
>> Get out of it, this is something like generation 6.
>>

Going by the name, I would guess it might be the 7th generation?
Latest Forum Posts