Non-motoring > Senior moments Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BiggerBadderDave Replies: 56

Senior moments - BiggerBadderDave
I just cracked open an egg and poured it straight on to the bap instead of into the frying pan.
 Senior moments - Robin O'Reliant
It's when you crack one open and pour it back into the fridge you need to worry.
I do find my phone in the fridge from time to time.
 Senior moments - Robin O'Reliant
Gives a new meaning to the term cold callers then Dave.
 Senior moments - madf
I fgo out running and lock myself out with no keys...
 Senior moments - Bellboy
i made myself a mug of tea this morning and then as i was filling my flask with coffee nearly also put coffee into my tea mug but stopped just in time
 Senior moments - FotheringtonTomas
I've poured tea into the sugar bowl instead of into my cup.

I also nearly filled the kitchen bin with coal from the hod instead of putting it in the range. They're on opposite sides of the kitchen, too!
 Senior moments - bathtub tom
We decided it made sense to swap the dishwasher and fridge round.

I'll leave the rest to you. ;>)
 Senior moments - Zero
I put orange juice into my coffee instead of milk.
>>We decided it made sense to swap the dishwasher and fridge round.

SWMBO has just suggested it'll make good sense to swap the dishwasher and washing machine.....................
 Senior moments - Clk Sec
Arriving at the top of the stairs and forgetting what I came up for; then returning to the bottom and remembering.

Good exercise, though.
Barry Cryer invented the high-speed stair-lift to specifically overcome that problem.
 Senior moments - Clk Sec
Thanks, BT. I might buy one.
 Senior moments - Zero
if you remember to
 Senior moments - Clk Sec
I've written it down!
 Senior moments - Cliff Pope
Forgetting to read a thread title before posting.
 Senior moments - Crankcase
Opened a ghastly "cup-a-soup" the other day, poured the contents in the bin and put the wrapper in the mug.

Actually, that might have been my subconscious doing the right thing come to think of it.
 Senior moments - Clk Sec
No 'might' about it, in my humble opinion...
 Senior moments - Falkirk Bairn
@64 Senior moments are more common

After 3/4 hours under a general anaesthetic 2 months ago it is much worse - I only hope it is short term and not accelerating the process.
 Senior moments - Dog
Its all down to brain fog, caused by our old friend electromagnetic radiation,

if we all lived outside this would not happen.
 Senior moments - Clk Sec
We could afford private health care, too. Sell house - buy tent, etc...
 Senior moments - Ted

I've done the orange instead of milk in a coffee.........totally foul.
I've put a spoonful of instant coffee in a mug then put the hot water in the coffee jar. It was a bit too strong...even for me.....aqnd £4 up the creek !

A couple of years ago we took a chimney down, very carefully getting two pots, each over 1CWT down to the ground. SIL broke his a couple of days later.
Mine has been on the patio since, about 4ft tall ,with a geranium in it. Came up the 2 steps to the patio las week, caught my foot on the edge and fell. reaching out for something to stop me, what did I grab ?

Spent the next 5 minutes lying on my face surrounded by broken chimney, soil and plant.
At least plant is ok...now living happily in thev conservatory !

Ted
 Senior moments - Zero
>> Its all down to brain fog, caused by our old friend electromagnetic radiation,

So fido my faithful friend, are there any tin foil hats you recommend?
 Senior moments - madf
"Its all down to brain fog, caused by our old friend electromagnetic radiation,"

Personally I blame the tonic water. Too much of it and not enough gin.
It's the quinine you know...

Senior moments - sherlock47
Z
There maybe some who are not aware of our master plan.
I recommend
www.stopabductions.com/
as it has zero effect and the plan will be completed whilst the great unwashed remain blissfully ignorant.
Last edited by: pmh on Fri 29 Oct 10 at 15:18
 Senior moments - madf
"How The Thought Screen Helmet Works

The thought screen helmet scrambles telepathic communication between aliens and humans. Aliens cannot immobilize people wearing thought screens nor can they control their minds or communicate with them using their telepathy. When aliens can't communicate or control humans, they do not take them. "

I must wear an invisible helmet...

Senior moments - Dog
>>So fido my faithful friend, are there any tin foil hats you recommend?<<

As it appens, a friend of mine sent me a little bag of odd looking, well its difficult to describe them really, there are 14 of em in a bag, each one is about 1/4" dia, they look black but under my desk light there are sparkles of mauve, they are also 5 sided like a 3penny bit, oh, and I've just Cee'n a green colour flashing at me.
I'm told they soak up the E/M rad etc??
I ad em in the cupboard for sometime but the other week I thought, well - what have I got Toulouse.
 Senior moments - Armel Coussine
Most of you are whippersnappers though, so it's a bit silly to be blaming 'seniority' for your lapses of concentration.

Excessive onanism and not enough drink and drugs are probably to blame.

Senior moments - helicopter
I took my pants off one night, lifted the lid off the laundry basket and threw the pants into the loo...
 Senior moments - Armel Coussine
>> threw the pants into the loo...

Are you being bashful about what you deposited in the laundry basket helico?
 Senior moments - DP
It does worry me that, at 35, I can remember in vivid detail things that happened 20 years ago, but where I put my car key last night, or even the screwdriver I was using 30 seconds ago? Impossible.
 Senior moments - Badwolf
I am a mere 36 years old, but yesterday evening I went into the kitchen to get a yoghurt and to make myself a cup of coffee. I opened the yoghurt and put it near to the coffee cup. I then poured boiling water into the yoghurt. D'oh!
 Senior moments - teabelly
>> I took my pants off one night, lifted the lid off the laundry basket and
>> threw the pants into the loo...
>>

I am so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that otherwise you'd have sprayed my laptop with tea!
 Senior moments - Dog
>>As it appens, a friend of mine sent me a little bag of odd looking<<

Organite ~

www.thebluesun.co.uk/orgonite.htm
 Senior moments - Stuu
I find Im spending alot of the day going back to lock the back door on my way out, even though I did it 30 seconds earlier.
The milk now has its own place in the diswasher too. I think it would be wise to stop painting all these appliances the same colour :-)

Most annoying is that Im forgetting to write notes to remind myself of things I know ill forget.
 Senior moments - rtj70
I've relied on technology to remind me instead of using a diary for years. I have a smartphone (or two). But when I was a teenager I have to admit I was sad enough to have one of those Casio watches with multiple alarms.

I used to go back to double check I'd locked things and similar when I was a teenager. I think it was a bit OCD but I don't do that now. Only panic we had in recent years (and not that recent) was did we turn off the grill when we went away.... the house hadn't burned down when we got back!
 Senior moments - BobbyG
>>Only panic we had in recent years (and not that recent) was did we turn off the grill when we went away..

I did that once when I had not long moved into my first flat. Made toast in the electric grill part of the electric cooker and left it on all day while I went to work.

Came home, noticed the closed kitchen door was very warm and went in to find the room roasting, some wallpaper peeled, bottles of fizzy juice had popped and sprayed everywhere, and the fridge/freezer was making noises that it really shouldn't have !
"Came home, noticed the closed kitchen door was very warm"

Bobby. Why am I not at all surprised...?
 Senior moments - BobbyG
You still manage to take the bait within the 10 min rule......
 Senior moments - rtj70
I once left a gas hob on low by mistake and went away for two days. It is surprising how much gas that use!
Last edited by: rtj70 on Fri 29 Oct 10 at 21:34
 Senior moments - Runfer D'Hills
My wife does many things of this nature. She blames the onset of the menopause. Sounds like some of you lot have been drinking too much of that oestrogen infested recycled water to me...

:-)
 Senior moments - PhilW
I think I have several senior moments every day - can't remember them though
 Senior moments - Ted

I seem to be getting OCD about small items in the workshop and garage, I might take a few tiewraps, washers or cable clips out of their containers to do a job.in the house.
I've really got a lot of that sort of stuff, never have to buy any again.
But, if I drop one and find it later I have to return it to its home as know I will feel guilty about keeping it from it's pals for ages afterwards.

I'm just a big softy !

Ted
 Senior moments - L'escargot
On several occasions I've gone out and forget to lock the front door. On several occasions I've locked the front door and driven off and then returned home after several miles to check whether I locked the front door.
I put a medicinal capsule into the glass of water with which I was supposed to swallow the capsule, and left it for a few minutes. The capsule went soft and floated to the top of the water. Instead of just getting another capsule and starting all over again, I took the soggy capsule out of the glass and proceded to swallow it with the water.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Sat 30 Oct 10 at 07:51
 Senior moments - Iffy
Simple food preparation mishaps are a common theme.

I've made instant coffee without first boiling the kettle on more than one occasion.

Senior moments - Harleyman
I am now forbidden to boil eggs in our kitchen unless supervised; several times I have put 'em on, become engrossed in something , and only been awakened to the fact by the loud explosion and stench of burned egg.
 Senior moments - henry k
>>I am now forbidden to boil eggs in our kitchen unless supervised;
>>
I am forbidden to boil eggs.
I too experienced a stench but not only had the eggs exploded but the red expensive egg timer that was with them in the pan had melted and glued itself to the pan.
Total cost was too eggs, one pan and one timer.
I kept telling SWMBO that if I am asked to cook then I will probably burn the water :-)
One year a colleague set his clock(s) forward an hour instead of back and arrived at work two hours early.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Sat 30 Oct 10 at 16:01
 Senior moments - borasport
I've just been out shopping - couldn't find the car keys, so used the spares. Got home, found keys, put spares away.

Realised I'd left my specs in the car (as usual) - spent 5 minutes looking for the car keys I'd just allegedly 'found'
Just before I was due to go to the dealer to part exchange my car for a new car I realised that I couldn't find the keys to my current car. I rang the dealer and they said they'd drive the new car to my house, because they had the technology for dealing with lost keys. A few minutes later I had to ring them again to say I'd found the keys ~ I'd thrown them in the pedal bin during a last minute tidy-up!
 Senior moments - R.P.
You lot ! - stripped bed this morning put stuff in washing machine, came to put powder in the tray and couldn't understand what the long water container thing in there was - put them in the tumble dryer by mistake. Nothing like that has ever happened before - twitch !
SWMBO had an informal meeting at work. Part way through, the boss asked her why she was wearing odd shoes (one black, t'other dark blue).

Her Imelda Marcos type collection is now reduced - she keeps a pair at work.
 Senior moments - BobbyG
>>SWMBO had an informal meeting at work. Part way through, the boss asked her why she was wearing odd shoes (one black, t'other dark blue).

Bet she had another pair at home the same!!! :)
 Senior moments - BobbyG
Missus once stripped the bed and through all the sheets and covers in the washing machine.
She also washed the Cordless phone and the book that had been lying on top of the bed!
Still can't quite fathom that one out....
 Senior moments - sherlock47
Having followed this thread from the beginning I have to admit that I don't regard anything that has been documented as unusual and worthy of comment.
All these things happen to everybody, every day, don't they?

:)
 Senior moments - Dog
My older brother (by 16 years) peed in the wardrobe instead of the toilet (he'd on the sherbet)

This was 20 years ago or more,

He has recently been diagnosed with Lewy body disease (Alzheimer's)

Funny ole life!
 Senior moments - Pat
I thought I'd managed to avoid any senior moments and have been quietly congratulating myself on being incredibly lucid after reading this thread.

That was until yesterday.

We're having some new windows fitted, but only four on one side of the house. I decided to clean the other ones to make them look as good as the new ones and I distictly remember thinking that I may as well do them all now I'd started.
I realised today that I'd cleaned the old windows that have been replaced today.

Pat
Latest Forum Posts