Non-motoring > C4P Twitter Feed Miscellaneous
Thread Author: rtj70 Replies: 11

C4P Twitter Feed - rtj70
Can a mod explain what gets fed automatically to twitter from here etc. Ta. I assume all posts end up on the Twitter page?
 C4P Twitter Feed - FotheringtonTomas
What is twitter?
 C4P Twitter Feed - hawkeye
>> What is twitter?
>>

twitter.com/

I guess you have to use it to understand it. I don't. I can't even get on with Facebook; most of my 16-y-o nephew's posts (are they called posts?) are completely unintelligible.
 C4P Twitter Feed - Iffy
...are completely unintelligible...

I am not a regular visitor, as if that needed saying. :)
 C4P Twitter Feed - Zero
Twitter and Facebook, are two areas of social networking I have never been near.
 C4P Twitter Feed - Focusless
>> Twitter and Facebook, are two areas of social networking I have never been near.

The sort of posts I've seen on facebook give new meaning to the word 'inane'.
 C4P Twitter Feed - VxFan
>> get on with Facebook; most of my 16-y-o nephew's posts (are they called posts?) are
>> completely unintelligible.

Not always a good idea to post what you're up to on facebook (or anywhere else on-line come to that) unintelligible or otherwise.

This poor Hull family can vouch for that.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-11609839

rtj70, I've asked Stephen if he can provide you with an answer to your question.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sun 24 Oct 10 at 13:08
 C4P Twitter Feed - Iffy
...Not always a good idea to post what you're up to on facebook...

It's also a paradise for paedophiles.

Your 14-year-old daughter may think she's communicating with 'Gemma' who's 15 and shares similar interests.

In reality she could be communicating with anyone.

There was a case recently in which the paedophile pretended to be a female friend of the victim, the female friend's boyfriend, and his father.

This enabled him to develop conversations from various angles, eventually asking the victim to pose naked for the site, and then asking for a face-to-face meeting.

Happily, her real parents got wind of what was going on before that happened, but some damage was already done.

C4P Twitter Feed - BiggerBadderDave
Facebook is a useful tool.

Any prospective clients, anyone approaching me through my website, anyone I set up a meeting with, anyone asking me to quote on a project, anyone who sends me a cv - I check them all out on Facebook or Google.

It helps to eliminate time-wasters.
 C4P Twitter Feed - sherlock47
>>>It helps to eliminate time-wasters.<<<<

also to identify potential time wasters if they are posting through out the day!
 C4P Twitter Feed - MD
Father is 16! 'Kai' is the offspring. Lord above promise me things will get better.
 C4P Twitter Feed - LEDFoot
Hi LEDfoot here.

Stephen asked me to respond as it was me who set up the twitter feed.

Basically, twitterfeed polls this site every 30 mins and gets the last few posts which it then tweets onto twitter. Only reason we do it is to raise exposure of the site. It's not doing anything Google won't do itself regardless (all the public threads gets indexed by google everyday anyway.)

Having content also on twitter pointing to the site, just helps the content get noticed and hopefully will draw more traffic our way.

Last edited by: LEDFoot on Mon 25 Oct 10 at 11:05
Latest Forum Posts