Non-motoring > Mildly amusing feedback. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: kb Replies: 15

Mildly amusing feedback. - kb
Seen recently on a well known auction site. Someone sold a pushchair/buggy and received the following feedback......

.....Very disappointed, does'nt same to fasten under his hum so he slips right throw

However the seller evened the score by replying to this disgruntled buyer.......

.....I let cash payment and home viewing, i was helpful,buyer error+now sour grapes

Clearly the poor infant had every right to be disappointed given that his hum remained insecure.
 Mildly amusing feedback. - Harleyman
I'm never sure if people who write this sort of thing are genuinely dyslexic, or they use that ridiculous predictive text thing on a mobile.
 Mildly amusing feedback. - Iffy
...are genuinely dyslexic, or they use that ridiculous predictive text thing on a mobile...

Neither, just ignorant.

An increasingly common product of our over-resourced education system.

Mildly amusing feedback. - Old Navy
Sounds like another one of the unemployable.
 Mildly amusing feedback. - Tooslow
I recently saw a request on Freecycle for "Chester drawers". Now, in my ignorance of furniture styles this may be correct English. In fact it could even be a style of underwear for all I know, so I do not wish to be quick to criticise. But, on the whole, I think someone is pig ignorant :-(

John
 Mildly amusing feedback. - madf
I have a dyslexic friend. Whilst his writing is appalling, at least when you read it, it makes sense..

Bout time schools were paid based on results : not exam results but simple written English..

Last edited by: madf on Tue 19 Oct 10 at 09:59
 Mildly amusing feedback. - borasport
I think I upset someone on freecycle who was asking for 'Wicca' furniture, they obviously didn't get it as they never turned me into a frog....
 Mildly amusing feedback. - WillDeBeest
Before we blame the education system, hasn't there always been a significant functionally illiterate minority? It's just that, even twenty years ago, most could get through life without the need to express themselves in writing. Modern communications technology has changed that, so that there's arguably more emphasis on the written word now than ever before.

Rather than write off public education as a waste of money, think about the consequences of not improving it: an underclass whose only hope of making a living will be to steal the gnomes from your garden and the chemical toilet from your caravan.
 Mildly amusing feedback. - Crankcase
And of course illiteracy thirty five years ago brought us the "soon to be a star" Bob Hoskins in "On The Move", which the delightful tvcream site describes succinctly as:

BOB HOSKINS is an illiterate removals man, driving a van with arrow on the side. En route to somewhere or other he learns how to spell “furniture”. Adult education for Sunday teatimes, its rousing message laid out in the theme tune: “On the Move/On the Move/ So much to see again…Life is an open book!”
 Mildly amusing feedback. - TheManWithNoName
One The Move. I remember that as a kid in the mid to late 70's I think.
 Mildly amusing feedback. - Mike Hannon
My son could read and write well when he started school at four and a half. One of the reasons was because he watched 'On The Move' with us. I've had a soft spot for Bob Hoskins ever since.
Another reason was because he watched a daytime pre-school 'literacy' programme called 'Sam On Boffs' Island', which IIRC featured soon-to-be-a-star Tony (Baldrick) Robinson.
Ah, uncomplicated days...
 Mildly amusing feedback. - Crankcase

>> Another reason was because he watched a daytime pre-school 'literacy' programme called 'Sam On Boffs'
>> Island'

I used to really like Sam on Boff's Island, even though I was way too old for it. Sigh.

Mind you, as the competition was "Romper Room", with strange children running about in cardboard car costumes whilst a trembling harridan first warbled in an unbearable falsetto, and then peered eerily through a hoop on a stick laughingly called a Magic Mirror ("I can see Charlie and Patricia"), Sam was always going to be a winner.

Just saying.
 Mildly amusing feedback. - Tooslow
Damn! Trumped!

John
 Mildly amusing feedback. - Mike Hannon
I've just Googled it - as you do - and I see SOBI wasn't pre-school, it was aimed at 6-8-year-olds. No wonder my son was ahead of his reading age.
I wonder if it's lurking on YouTube like everything else? TinyURL doesn't seem to work for me on here but I'll waste a bit more time and go and have a look anyway.
 Mildly amusing feedback. - R.P.
Bit old fashioned that Mike teaching your child to read before going to school ! :-)
 Mildly amusing feedback. - Dave_
I remember my mum telling me at a young age that the infants' school had asked her to ease up on the reading and spelling with me, as I was ahead of anything they had to teach me before the move up to juniors'!

She ignored them, thankfully.
Latest Forum Posts