Non-motoring > Winter Sun Miscellaneous
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 9

Winter Sun - CGNorwich

With a frost predicted tonight thoughts are turning to a winter break, probably in February. Have been to Madeira for last few year so looking for a change this year, probably the Canary Islands, but not sure which one. Looking for a something at the quieter end of the spectrum with some decent walking - Any ideas?
 Winter Sun - Perky Penguin
www.walking.demon.co.uk/magdestcan.htm. This may help. Unlike you, I usually go to Lanz in Jan but have not been to Madeira for many years. Going in 2011 specifically for some light levada walking.
 Winter Sun - corax
>> www.walking.demon.co.uk/magdestcan.htm. This may help. Unlike you, I usually go to Lanz in Jan but have
>> not been to Madeira for many years. Going in 2011 specifically for some light levada
>> walking.

I went to Madeira a few years ago to see the new year in. The firework display in Funchal is incredible, it lasts around ten minutes and is more like a warzone.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=okHJTIUMWjU&feature=related
 Winter Sun - Zero
why not try Sicily?
 Winter Sun - CGNorwich
What's the weather like in Sicily in February?
 Winter Sun - Zero
17c on the southern coasts, spring will be breaking out.
 Winter Sun - R.P.
Average Temperature N/A (17.5°c)
Average Low Temperature N/A (13°c)
Average High Temperature N/A (21°c)
Average Sea Temperature N/A (18°c)
Average Precipitation 14mm
Average Rainfall Days 5 Days
Average Daily Sunshine Hours 8 Hrs

Lanzarote - I used to go to Lanzarote in February - it was OK. Take a jumper.
 Winter Sun - MD
>> With a frost predicted tonight thoughts are turning to a winter break, probably in February.
>> Have been to Madeira for last few year so looking for a change this year,
>> probably the Canary Islands, but not sure which one. Looking for a something at the
>> quieter end of the spectrum with some decent walking - Any ideas?
>>
Yes Madeira. Only been 14 times. Canaries no more!
 Winter Sun - MD
Got a timeshare in Las Brisas at Playa Blanca (Lanzarote). Not our scene any more. 2 Bed bungalow sleeps several. If anybody wants to sort the paperwork and whatever fees apply then it is their's for nowt. Genuine offer.

Martin D.
 Winter Sun - Perky Penguin
MD. I have two weeks in Las Casitas and have discovered, as you have, that they are worth squat - after fees have been deducted. Now, even to sell them, you have to register with the local authorities even to sell what you own and set up a power of attorney - cost me about euros 400. E mail me (see profile) if you want more details
Latest Forum Posts