Non-motoring > "Serving suggestion" Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Sock Replies: 13

"Serving suggestion" - Old Sock
Does anyone know why so many foodstuffs have the most banal 'serving suggestion' emblazoned on their packaging?

Is it so that no-one can complain, "'ere, where's me sprig of parsley" on opening a can of tuna?
 "Serving suggestion" - Redviper
Is to enhance, the image of the product, i mean a pice of tuna would not look very eye catching and apetiesing on its own - and then "Serving Suggestion" Small print is so you cant complain that the veg (or what ever you have with tuna I dont eat it) does not fall out of the small can as well.

(Meant as toungue in cheek)
 "Serving suggestion" - Pat
It's for people like me.

Pat
 "Serving suggestion" - Old Sock
>> It's for people like me.

Oh come on, Pat, you're better than that!

The tuna is just shown there on a small plate with (usually) a bit of parsley on top. Even us blokes aren't that unimaginative :-)
 "Serving suggestion" - Pat
Like I said in another therad, you get mince and mash in this house.
If you want Shepherds Pie, I'm quite happy for you to pile the mash on top of the mince!

Pat
 "Serving suggestion" - Zero
So when are we having a gourmet night at "Pats Plaice" then?
 "Serving suggestion" - spamcan61
>>
>> Is it so that no-one can complain, "'ere, where's me sprig of parsley" on opening
>> a can of tuna?
>>

That's always been my assumption
how does the "serving suggestion" manage to make it look such a large portion? what comes out the pack or tin is a minute substitute.
 "Serving suggestion" - Perky Penguin
Is "Tongue in Cheek" another serving suggestion? They are both available at some butchers!
 "Serving suggestion" - Redviper
>> Is "Tongue in Cheek" another serving suggestion? They are both available at some butchers!
>>

could be, doesn't apeal to me though.
Its all tripe.
 "Serving suggestion" - Skip
Another good one is where the packaging stated "Serves 6" - 6 what, anorexic hamsters !
Last edited by: AndyP on Mon 18 Oct 10 at 20:26
 "Serving suggestion" - Iffy
"Static caravan for rent, two bedrooms, sleeps eight."
 "Serving suggestion" - R.P.
Is there a serving suggestion iffy ?
Latest Forum Posts