Non-motoring > Films guys maybe shouldn't like? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 22

Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - BobbyG
OK I am a wee bit tiddly but the missus is watching Mamma Mia and I must admit I love this film. Saw the stage show twice and loved that before the film came out. I am a soft touch for Abbas singalong music!

So what film do you love but might not admit down the pub......although having said that, I would admit to it cos I don't give a doggy doo dustcap cover what people think of me!!
 Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - Ted

Brigadoon !!

I can't believe I've just come out about that.
Schmalzy, rubbish scenery...........but the late Cyd Charisse...42 inch legs, or something like that....wow !

Ted
 Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - RattleandSmoke
Was just about to say Mammamia :) I really enjoyed but I think it had to do with the company I was sat next to when I watched it!

I actually quite like ABBA too, but I am not allowed to say in the pub.

Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - Skoda
It's pretty well done though, it's not just the girly story, it's well strung together.
 Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - BiggerBadderDave
I couldn't stand Mamma Mia, I dozed off before the halfway mark. Plenty of flick chicks I have enjoyed though - Dirty Dancing, Love Actually... ...well, two at least.
 Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - CGNorwich
Plenty of flick chicks I have enjoyed though"

But what about the films?
 Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - BiggerBadderDave
"But what about the films?"

Dunno, I wasn't facing the screen...
 Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - Old Sock
I have to admit to a soft spot for Amélie

'Very French' - and Audrey Tautou does appear rather gorgeous :-)
 Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - Redviper
Saw Mama Mia at the Cinema, becasue I have a "unlimited pass" it doesnt matter if the films rubbish I have only wasted my time

It was good at the cinema, watched it again on DVD god it was boring!

Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - devonite
[pops head into thread to whisper in quiet voice] - "Ghost!" :-/
 Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - TheManWithNoName
Titanic, but only for that bit where wossername gets her thingies out!
 Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - Bigtee
Sex in the city is a right chick flik but i just love it for the sex and scandal.!!

Bridget jones.

Notting Hill, Hugh Grant top actor.

And im the same just don't give a rats back side what anyone thinks of me...
 Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - Redviper
I quite liked "the proposal" that was out recently, and "Confessions of a Shopaholic " (becasue i have a thing for Isla Fisher) :-)

Both chick flicks in their own right, but as Bigtee says, I like what I like and dont care what others think.

Edit oh and Bridget Jones, and the Titanic are good films
Last edited by: Redviper on Fri 15 Oct 10 at 15:08
 Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - PeteW
The Time Traveller's Wife. Read the book and cried. Watched the film and cried. And I'm usually more a Zombie/Aliens gorefeast type of guy....
Now where's the red meat for dinner..
 Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - Runfer D'Hills
I've only cried twice as an adult. Once about three days after ny dad's funeral. I was 21. The second time when my son was born. I was 41.

At a film ? Behave yourselves !
 Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - -
Ah when life's given you enough kicks in the goolies you can emotional quite easily.

We took the daughter then aged 14 to 'Phantom' (second time for me) and at the finale SWMBO and i were crying our eyes out, daugher was horrified, she's never recovered from the embarrasment.

A film of artistic taste that fella's shouldn't like but i do is Chicago, there's an extra soundtrack to it, SWMBO provides a backing track of under the breath mutterings at Zeta's obvious talents....phwoar..;)

EDIT, not on the film Chicago but from the soundtrack CD there is a track called 'Class', worth listening too, most here would nod in approval.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Fri 15 Oct 10 at 22:10
 Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - BobbyG
Am not good when it comes to emotions, have cried at Les Mis, watching Schindlers List, usually cry at funerals even if they are not close friends or family.

My 12 year old son also seems to have this trait and I am trying my hardest to knock it out of him! Sometimes you see parts of yourself in your offspring you would rather they didn't have!
 Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - hawkeye
>> ... Bridget Jones and Titanic are good films
>>

Titanic? Are you out of your mind? Try "A Night to Remember".

Bridget Jones? Tiresome and huge parts of them completely incomprehensible.

Not a film but I am the only person my age who finds "The Inbetweeners" very funny ?

Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - bathtub tom
I lost my parents and then one guardian in my teens and don't remember shedding a tear, although I loved them all dearly.

I find many things bring a moist eye in my dotage.
 Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - Armel Coussine
A friend once told me he realised he was drinking too much when he found himself bursting into tears during the advertisements on TV.

I know what he meant actually, as do many here judging by their taste in movies.

Raspberry.
 Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - Ian (Cape Town)
>> Titanic? Are you out of your mind? Try "A Night to Remember".

What does a Shalamar song have to do with a major shipwreck?
 Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - Bellboy

>> What does a Shalamar song have to do with a major shipwreck?
>>
>>>>>>take that to the doggar bank?
 Films guys maybe shouldn't like? - L'escargot
Duel.
Latest Forum Posts