Non-motoring > Car4play update Miscellaneous
Thread Author: car4play Replies: 2

Car4play update - car4play
Just to say that we have updated the software on this site.

You may have to press the refresh button on your browser to get some of the scripts to work correctly.

For the tech minded:
- Yesterday we upgraded our version of PHP to 5.3 from 5.1.6. It seems there is a bug in the new PHP where preg_replace is inserting new lines when cleaning returns from a string - hence the double new lines you were seeing.
- updated xajax to latest version (0.6 from 0.25). Many scripts had to be altered so look out for any funy behaviour!
Last edited by: car4play on Wed 13 Oct 10 at 14:44
 Car4play update - RattleandSmoke
One of the most annoying things with PHP is when they update it and backward compatability is not retained. Its why I still use the mess which is PHP4.
 Car4play update - Mapmaker
May I make a suggestion.

In the box on the right hand side, "Latest Forum Posts", what is the point of the link that is the thread title in bold?

If you want to read just the post you need only hold your mouse pointer over the box and the post appears. So there is never any need to be able to click to view the post in the threaded mode unless you intend to respond to it. Far more likely a scenario is that you want to be able to see the entire thread, so it takes two clicks to get there.

Now I appreciate clicks mean money... but...
Latest Forum Posts