Non-motoring > Section 75 and chargeback Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 5

Section 75 and chargeback - bathtub tom
I've had a successful section 75 claim against a supplier. The CC company negotiated a full settlement from the supplier, but rather than the supplier repay me direct, they've asked the CC company to repay me and charge it back to the supplier.

I have no insight into company finances. What advantage would this have for the supplier, over, say, sending me a cheque?
 Section 75 and chargeback - martin aston
I think it’s because your claim under section 75 is against the credit card company, not the supplier. The card company then claim it back from the supplier. You don’t therefore deal with the supplier.
I may be wrong but that’s how I understand it.
I've found: the supplier has 45 days in which they can challenge the chargeback.

I don't know how that may affect me, it's taken ten months to get here.
 Section 75 and chargeback - Terry
I would rather put my trust in a credit card company who have said they will pay, rather than rely upon the company which gave rise to the claim in the first place.
 Section 75 and chargeback - Bromptonaut
Was this actually S75 or chargeback?

AIUI the effect of S75 is that the CC company are a party to the transaction and on the hook from the get go. S75 works in some circs even if the seller has gone bust.
>>Was this actually S75 or chargeback?

When the supplier wouldn't admit liability, I contacted the CC company with regards to a S75 claim. The CC company advised getting an independent inspection and report. That cost £550 and said the problem was proper procedures hadn't been followed and the item should be removed and disposed of.

The CC company negotiated with the supplier, who eventually agreed to refund the cost, but not the inspection/report, or cost of removal/disposal. The CC company have agreed to meet these costs.

I can't understand why the supplier didn't simply transfer the money to me, or put a cheque in the post. Initially, they wanted to pay the CC company, who advised them to pay me directly. I don't know why the supplier's being so awkward, but they have been for the last ten months, refusing to accept liability. I suspect by asking the CC company to do a chargeback, they're trying to wriggle out of their responsibilities another way.
Latest Forum Posts