Non-motoring > Home Insurance recommendations Car Deals
Thread Author: Stuu Replies: 11

Home Insurance recommendations - Stuu
Ive to renew my home insurance at the end of the month and I wondered if anyone had any tips on who gives goo value cover?

My last premium was £267, the renewal is £245 with the AA. Thats on a 3-bed detached 80's house with unlimited rebuil costs inc. My dad last year seemed to think this was a good price with the level of cover it gave ( he shops around every year ) - any one think I can do alot better? If so, who with?

Home Insurance recommendations - Perky Penguin
I got a good deal from Castle Cover this year. I do not need unlimited buildings cover and reckon if one has it it must show up in the premium. Living in a bog standard 3 bed semi on a newish development I would think £250K would cover anything that could happen to my place! PS I am not lucky person who got £113Million in the Euro lottery last night. If I was there was have been an amazing C4P bash on me!!!!
 Home Insurance recommendations - Falkirk Bairn
Gocompare.com should give you lots of quotes

Cheapest for me was Sheilas Wheels, £100 less than last year with Esure (Esure own Sheilas Wheels)
 Home Insurance recommendations - -
Don't forget to ring NFU local office at Pitsford Stu, Pitsford Stu is not actuallya place Stu..;)

Following a local lightning strike a few years ago which took out several electrical items we found them honourable and fair to deal with (same as with their car cover) and the price is decent, they sometimes offer favourable terms if you agree to 5 year renewals.
 Home Insurance recommendations - bathtub tom
A comparison site came up best with Swinton's for me. £30 cashback, but you have to jump through hoops to get it.

I immediately received a call asking me what I'd do if a pipe burst in the middle of the night. Their so-called welcome call because I'd declined the option.

I also noticed in the small print I'd 'asked' for automatic renewal - I hadn't.

I know which broker I won't be using at renewal.
Well it looks like Sheilas is the cheapest for me too - about £157 which would be handy - anyone have any experience dealing with them?
 Home Insurance recommendations - Falkirk Bairn
I have been with Esure +Sheilas Wheels for 9 years - only renewed premium as I have never claimed on car or house in 9 y rs apart from Windscreen and it went OK.

UK call centres so" No India calling issues"- they had a Mumbai office in 2001 but closed it after complaints like mine when I wanted to amend a policy.

Sheilas Wheels & Esure owned by Mr Woods who founded Direct Line and sold to RBS.
 Home Insurance recommendations - Stuartli
I've mentioned before that some years ago I switched to Churchill after being with the Prudential for around 40 years; I'd discovered that the more and more expensive Pru premiums were, in fact, starting to be underwritten by Churchill.

A quick check revealed that Churchill itself was around half the price for similar cover, so there was no contest, and the company has remained amongst the most competitive since then using GoCompare for comparison purposes.

Anyone know how I can estimate rebuild costs?
 Home Insurance recommendations - Perky Penguin
calculator.bcis.co.uk/

Sorry it took me nearly 4 minutes to find this for and I am at work! LOL!
Last edited by: Perky Penguin on Sat 9 Oct 10 at 17:08
Thanks folks, that really did help, looks like the aussie birds will get me money :-)
 Home Insurance recommendations - madf
Sheilas Wheels . 1820s house with 5 bedrooms .. Up to £1 million.
£250..

Latest Forum Posts