Non-motoring > The Boss at Wembley & Small Acts of Kindness Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 10

The Boss at Wembley & Small Acts of Kindness - zippy
Yesterday Mrs Z and I went to Wembley to see The Boss.

Wembley doesn't have the best acoustics, but the show and experience was amazing - highly recommended.

We drove up to Orpington then got the train and tube to Wembley.

At Wembley, my back went. Some pain killers later and I was able to get to the concert.

After the concert the queue back to the station was astonishing - tens of thousands of people all going to the same place. I couldn't stand long enough and so we waited until about 11:40 when the crowds died down and slowly walked to the station.

The platform was packed so we headed to the far end where it was less busy.

On boarding a train a Sikh gent saw me struggle and jumped out of his seat for me - act of kindness 1. (Mrs Z said I did look like I was in a lot of pain.)

We made it back to London Bridge at about 00:50 and as I got on the escalator to the platform, Mrs Z decided to pivot in to a shop there to get some water.

I went up to the platform and sat on the last seat.

A few minutes later Mrs Z arrived annoyingly spritely. Seeing her walk towards me the young black gent (stereotypically afro and huge headphones) who was sat next to me, immediately stood up and very politely offered his seat to her - act of kindness 2.

Just goes to show people can be nice and caring.
 The Boss at Wembley & Small Acts of Kindness - John Boy
Good to read that! Thanks for posting, Zippy.
 The Boss at Wembley & Small Acts of Kindness - legacylad
I really really don’t want to sound sanctimonious but every time I fly I always give the cabin crew a small ‘food parcel’ on boarding.
Normally a box of Tesco Finest assorted shortbread or similar. Then buy something in a supermarket for the inbound flight.
It’s just nice to be nice, costs sod all and I’m sure it’s appreciated.
Pass it on…
 The Boss at Wembley & Small Acts of Kindness - bathtub tom
Waiting at the pharmacy, I was was sitting on a high stool. A lady arrived with sticks and I asked if she would be more comfortable on a higher seat, when she replied yes, I gave mine up. The child sitting on the other one didn't bother, despite her (father?) sitting next to her.
I did respond that I could get down to a lower seat, but I may have a problem getting up again!

We both had a chuckle.
 The Boss at Wembley & Small Acts of Kindness - Zero

>> It’s just nice to be nice, costs sod all and I’m sure it’s appreciated.
>> Pass it on…

You can stuff as many biscuits as you want into the trolley dolly, you are still behind me out the emergency exit.
 The Boss at Wembley & Small Acts of Kindness - Kevin
As long as they don't eat 'gifts' from passengers until we've landed at our destination I'm happy.
 The Boss at Wembley & Small Acts of Kindness - Crankcase
In a world where we have to check people’s shoes, and liquids must be in clear containers etc before boarding, wouldn’t they think your biscuits are a security risk, as they are obviously laced with cyanide, and bin them when they land?
The Tesco Finest gets through the scanners…I’ve been told that the Coop shortbread has to be dumped at security.
I assume the cabin crew enjoy them…they regularly thank me upon disembarkation. Is that what they are trained to do after throwing them in the bin ?
Obviously I’ll be behind Z out the emergency exit as I’ll be scrambling in the overhead locker for my new Cotswold Outdoor Rab Aeon 27L rucsac I’ve just spent good money on :-)
Last edited by: legacylad on Sat 27 Jul 24 at 07:49
 The Boss at Wembley & Small Acts of Kindness - tyrednemotional
...doesn't matter: after eating all those biscuits there'll be a couple of trolley dollies stuck in the exit.....
 The Boss at Wembley & Small Acts of Kindness - Zero

>> overhead locker for my new Cotswold Outdoor Rab Aeon 27L rucsac I’ve just spent good
>> money on :-)

27L, thats a lot of duty free gin.
Sure is …I’ll be bringing back my full duty free vino allowance in October…from memory it’s 18litres (24 standard bottles, mostly Albariño & Godello).
Latest Forum Posts