Non-motoring > Dubrovnik Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 4

Dubrovnik - Bobby
We have booked flights for middle September but still to decide on location for accommodation. Friends have been to Cavtat and thoroughly recommend it but I feel it might be too small and thinking of Lapad which is bigger and closer to Old town etc.

Anyone been and have any recommendations of any sort and what to see when there?
 Dubrovnik - Paul Robinson
We went in 2017 and stayed at the Hilton Imperial as it's just a very short walk from the Old Town and we wanted to spend most of our time in the Old town.

The whole area is great and there are lots of lovely looking Hotels, but many are a fair way out from the Old town.

Dubrovnik - sherlock47
A friend visited on a cruise ship recently, short stop, 2 ships - completely over ran the old town for an afternoon.

I prefer to remember it as it was in 1969 and 1973? when I last visited.
 Dubrovnik - legacylad
Probably best to hire a car and explore during the daytime…visit the old town during quieter periods or when no cruise ships in port.
I’ve never visited, but a few years ago did an RYA 2 week course along the Croatian coast from Murter island. Loved that coastline…probably similar to Montenegro which friends visit twice a year.
 Dubrovnik - CGNorwich
Dubrovnik is beautiful but it is very crowded and in summer very, very hot. The glare from the limestone paving is blinding. Certainly worth a days visit but once you’ve walked the circumference of the walls and had an extremely expensive lunch I’d move to somewhere more relaxing.
Latest Forum Posts