Non-motoring > Cleaning shower screens Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 22

Cleaning shower screens - smokie
In the new bathroom we have a shower screen. Now every time I take a shower I have to clean the glass with a blade which hangs in the shower.

Why wouldn't I use a bit of RainX? If it's good enough for cars surely it'd work in the shower?
 Cleaning shower screens - maltrap
I don’t think it is good enough for cars.Tried it some years ago it was carp.
 Cleaning shower screens - Robin O'Reliant
Mrs O'Reliant swears by Mr Muscle Shower Shine. It does keep it looking good and you just have to spray it on and leave it to work on it's own.
 Cleaning shower screens - BiggerBadderDave
'Now every time I take a shower I have to clean the glass with a blade which hangs in the shower.'

Shower less?
 Cleaning shower screens - legacylad

>> Shower less?
>>
No.
Just use someone else’s
 Cleaning shower screens - bathtub tom
Hard water area? Squeegee after every use and a clean with either half a lemon, or viakal once a week.
 Cleaning shower screens - Bobby
I confess that I used RainX on my shower screens but it wasn’t very effective. Of course RainX on a car only really works at speed…..
Haha great comments, thanks. I was only really being t-i-c anyway!

Yes, a hard water area. Might try that Mr Muscle though!
 Cleaning shower screens - Zero
Rain X? terrible stuff, sperm of the devil.
 Cleaning shower screens - Bromptonaut
>> Rain X? terrible stuff, sperm of the devil.

Used successfully on side windows and door mirrors but never ever use it on glass swept by wipers. Doing so creates permasmear that,s hells delight to shift.
 Cleaning shower screens - sherlock47
>> Rain X? terrible stuff, sperm of the devil.

Could not agree more! Conversations on the subject seem to always become divisive - almost as much as Brexit. My view of the supporters is that they must be suffering from undiagnosed cataracts at an early age.
"...suffering from undiagnosed cataracts at an early age."

Have we uncovered the ultimate abusive term for people of age by people of age?

It's certainly a lot more polite than phrases I've seen on other forums!! :-)
 Cleaning shower screens - sherlock47
White vinegar in a repurposed spray bottle, kept in shower.

If you are feeling brave you can buy 25% solution in 5 litre bottles and decant as dilute as required. Somewhat cheaper than proprietary cleaners.
 Cleaning shower screens - Manatee
I do this every day, probably needlessly as the water is softened. Maybe I'll give the rain x a go. Somebody else try it first...
 Cleaning shower screens - CGNorwich
I think you will find that if you just leave it with the towels on the floor in a heap it will automatically clean itself by the next time you use it.
 Cleaning shower screens - Manatee
>> I think you will find that if you just leave it with the towels on
>> the floor in a heap it will automatically clean itself by the next time you
>> use it.

That might work, once, and there would be penalties. I'm dealing with the provisional wing of the WI here.
 Cleaning shower screens - Zero
>> I think you will find that if you just leave it with the towels on
>> the floor in a heap it will automatically clean itself by the next time you
>> use it.

Ah the magic floor, works wonders every time. Tho you need to be careful, think my wife stepped on it tho, she hasn't been seen for a while............
 Cleaning shower screens - Runfer D'Hills
I find its best not to interfere with such matters. It just undermines her authority and demeans her field of expertise. Something about not having a dog and barking yourself comes to mind.
;-)
 Cleaning shower screens - CGNorwich
I have an extensive floordrobe on my side of the bed. The best and most effective storage solution. Easily installed wherever you want. Thoroughly recommended. :-)
 Cleaning shower screens - VxFan
Try a product called kilrock limescale remover.

£1.99 from Home Bargains. Can also be bought elsewhere at a dearer price.
Thanks, will do - but the original idea of the thread was more about the chore of using the blade to clean it down after each shower to lessen limescale build-up
 Thread drift..... - sherlock47
>> I have an extensive floordrobe on my side of the bed. The best and most
>> effective storage solution. Easily installed wherever you want.

This is without doubt the most effective clothes storage system. It is the analogue of the heap filing system for document storage.

Frowned upon by the clear desk brigade. Thank god I retired before openplan, and desk sharing , came into vogue.
 Thread drift..... - CGNorwich
We have a near neighbour who is obsessed by tidiness. Toolson garage wall all gave a painted outline to indicate where they go. His “garden” contain no plants as they are “messy”and is tiled all over. There is a plastic hydrangea by his front foot. He spends most of Sunday washing and polishing his car.
Latest Forum Posts