Non-motoring > Hidden gunshot?? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 16

Hidden gunshot?? - Bobby
I’m curious how it can be missed that someone has been shot dead?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-68435592
 Hidden gunshot?? - CGNorwich
Small calibre bullet wound would not be very large. Easily missed if you are not looking for it.
 Hidden gunshot?? - Manatee
>> I’m curious how it can be missed that someone has been shot dead?
>>
>> www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-68435592

Depends where the wound is. Could have been covered by hair.
 Hidden gunshot?? - Dave
A little .22 is tiny, and there was probably no exit wound which is usually larger, so easy to miss just by looking.
 Hidden gunshot?? - Bromptonaut
Still seems to be quite a bit unsaid, or rather not stated in public.

I guess if he looked as if he'd fallen due to some medical issue, perhaps something known to his family, a bullet wound isn't something you're going to look for.
 Hidden gunshot?? - Terry
Man found dead - it seems implausible that they simply cart the body off to a morgue pre-autopsy without further investigation.

I would assume that (a) the police would want some indication of the cause of death (possible crime scene, collection of evidence), (b) in moving the body a (possibly superficial) inspection would be normal,(c) at some point the person needs to be certified as dead by a doctor, and (d) the body would need to be searched for identification.
Last edited by: Terry on Fri 1 Mar 24 at 09:47
I guess it depends on the circumstances.

Assume he was found by a fell track or appeared to have fallen from it. On examination there were no evident injuries or or abrasions etc consistent with a fall and otherwise looked like he'd 'dropped dead'.

Body carted off to the morgue and whatever steps Scots law requires in terms of reports to the Procurator Fiscal done, but probably not until after the weekend.

Body examined on Wednesday and evidence found that he had been shot.

There may be a reason why the family were not told until later.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Fri 1 Mar 24 at 10:12
 Hidden gunshot?? - Biggles
Wasn't it a single shotgun pellet? If so, probably some accident which may have been other than the place of death.
Post upthread refers to .22 round and possible lack of exit wound. Whether it's based on reported facts or is the forumer's informed speculation is not clear.
 Hidden gunshot?? - Biggles
The Times and the DM referred to a shotgun pellet.
 Hidden gunshot?? - Zero
A single shotgun pellet is not fatal. And killed by a shotgun is an unmistakable mess.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 1 Mar 24 at 17:22
 Hidden gunshot?? - Manatee
>> A single shotgun pellet is not fatal. And killed by a shotgun is an unmistakable
>> mess.

You'd certainly have to be very unlucky.
>> A single shotgun pellet is not fatal. And killed by a shotgun is an unmistakable
>> mess.

According to The Times death certificate records shotgun injuries to head and chest.
 Hidden gunshot?? - Bobby
And Police Scotland still have absolutely no leads to go on.
 Hidden gunshot?? - Zero
>> And Police Scotland still have absolutely no leads to go on.

Its a lost dog hunt?
 Hidden gunshot?? - maltrap
Who was the ex con found dead in his garden, the paramedics thought he had a heart attack.
It was later discovered he’d been shot.
 Hidden gunshot?? - Doodle
Jonathan Palmer aka Goldfinger!
Latest Forum Posts