Non-motoring > IPhone Conspiracy :-D Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 4

IPhone Conspiracy :-D - zippy
I posted about a bargain Samsung S23FE phone a few days back and as my current IPhone XS is 5 years old and was getting sluggish, I thought I would treat myself to phone to see if I would like Android on a fairly decent, though not top of the range phone.

If I didn't like it, then it's no loss, I will give the phone to the lad who is always looking to upgrade his basic Motorola.

Anyway, I have been carrying both phones around together and suddenly performance has improved on the iPhone.

My silly conspiracy theory is that the iPhone has detected the regular presence of the other phone (via bluetooth, NFC or similar) and has improved it's performance - or reversed some performance degrades that Apple implements over time.

It's all probably an illusion but the iPhone certainly seems brisker than it was previously.
 IPhone Conspiracy :-D - Zero
Probably becuase you have your cpu intensive apps open on your android, and not on your iphone. Or because you have rebooted your iphone. Its certainly not your apple IOS saying "oh damn it looks like he is moving to android we had better undo all those things we did to throttle him back to force him to buy a new iphone"
>> Probably becuase you have your cpu intensive apps open on your android, and not on
>> your iphone. Or because you have rebooted your iphone. Its certainly not your apple IOS
>> saying "oh damn it looks like he is moving to android we had better undo
>> all those things we did to throttle him back to force him to buy a
>> new iphone"
>>

Apple would say that wouldn't they :-D
 IPhone Conspiracy :-D - bathtub tom
>>Apple would say that wouldn't they :-D

To paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies.
>> >>Apple would say that wouldn't they :-D
>>
>> To paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies.
>>

Lol of course!

Just to clarify, this thread was started in jest.

Talking of speed, this new laptop that Mrs Z kindly got me is blisteringly fast. (i7-13620H).

cpu.userbenchmark.com/SpeedTest/2049481/13th-Gen-IntelR-CoreTM-i7-13620H
Latest Forum Posts