Non-motoring > Commonwealth Games opening ceremony Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 6

Commonwealth Games opening ceremony - L'escargot
I thought the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony was spectacular. I marvelled at what it must have taken to arrange, and also to control whilst in progress. I regret to have to say that I suspect that in comparison the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics will be embarrassingly short and mediocre.
 Commonwealth Games opening ceremony - CGNorwich
But hopefully we won't be still sorting out the running track 24 hours before it is about to be used.

It about time these ridiculous opening ceremonies were curtailed and I hope London is where that process starts. It meant to be about sport not nationalism, silly costumes, dancing and fireworks.
 Commonwealth Games opening ceremony - Suppose
>> But hopefully we won't be still sorting out the running track 24 hours before it
>> is about to be used.
>>

The irony is that the track got damaged by the actions of the opening ceremony.

As for how the UK will perform, let us hope that the Olympics 2010 does not repeat the saga of Wembley Stadium which was late, over budget, and still has not got the turf sorted!

Commonwealth Games opening ceremony - R.P.
The Moderators of this site take exception to the suggestion that the 2012 opening ceremony will be in some way cheap and nasty - our Morris dancing team have been busy practicing for the last 12 months and the Roman Candle left over from one of HJ's Christmas parties has been kept dry especially. Got a light Dave ?
 Commonwealth Games opening ceremony - Old Navy
Keep things in perspective, one days foreign aid and war expenditure would fund an adequate ceremony.
 Commonwealth Games opening ceremony - BiggerBadderDave
"Got a light Dave ?"

Ask BobbyG. He's the Car4play arsonist.
 Commonwealth Games opening ceremony - swiss tony
>> As for how the UK will perform, let us hope that the Olympics 2010 does
>> not repeat the saga of Wembley Stadium which was late, over budget, and still has
>> not got the turf sorted!
>>
It never will get the turf sorted, like many new football arenas, light, rain, and wind, all needed to grow a decent pitch are not allowed to access the pitch....
Latest Forum Posts