Non-motoring > Malaria vaccine Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 6

Malaria vaccine - bathtub tom
It's a wonderful achievement even if it is only 75% effective, requires four doses and doesn't last a lifetime.
Has anyone considered how the survivors will be fed?
 Malaria vaccine - CGNorwich
Yes of course it would be be better to let children die wouldn’t it? As long as they are in a distant country and you don’t have to witness the misery.
 Malaria vaccine - bathtub tom
You probably well know I wasn't suggesting that, but with all the hunger in the world, with malaria affected areas particularly vulnerable, don't you think it's something that must be considered?
 Malaria vaccine - CGNorwich
Yes. For a start we should restore overseas aid to UN target levels.
 Malaria vaccine - Bromptonaut
>> Yes. For a start we should restore overseas aid to UN target levels.
>>

Rather than being utterly dishonest and spending it on the Domestic cost of accommodation for Asylum Seekers.
 Malaria vaccine - zippy
Considering the economic mire, strain on the NHS by people living longer, over-crowding of our tiny isle and global warming would the OP consider not taking any medicines to prolong his life and volunteer to sign a DNR.

Not to do so would be hypocrisy, surely?
Last edited by: zippy on Tue 3 Oct 23 at 23:32
 Malaria vaccine - Robin O'Reliant
It's ironic really, that while we all welcome improved health care and the development of vaccines and drugs which enable us to live longer lives the outcome is that it is enabling the population to grow to an unsustainable level.

I think we just have to accept that the human race has a finite lifespan and sooner or later something (Climate change, an incurable virus or some nutter with access to the Big Button) will finish us off, so I can see BT's point without thinking he is advocating withholding medicines from anyone.

It's only being so cheerful keeps me going.
Latest Forum Posts