Non-motoring > Where would you put it? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 7

Where would you put it? - MD
I want to make a small (to start with) savings plan for the Grand sprogs. First one not to be touched for minimum of 6.5 years. No.2 for 11.5 years. Don't want too risky cos I've seen stuff go west before. What would you do?
 Where would you put it? - Bromptonaut
I guess a ball park idea of what you mean by 'small' would help.

Hundreds or a few thousand?
initially max £500.00 each and added to as and when funds dictate.
 Where would you put it? - legacylad
Made me smile.....my mum did similar years ago.

Money became available at 18yo...it was intended to help as deposit on a house.

I haven’t dared tell her but it was spent in its entirety on cocktails and a boob job. With hindsight she should have had legal conditions attached as to its use.
 Where would you put it? - Runfer D'Hills
Do you still have the boobs?
I can see this is turning useful:-)
 Where would you put it? - legacylad
And the only cocktail I now drink is a margarita...I was well schooled by my CA friends.

By the time I was 20 I’d saved up my own house deposit......a tidy sum....I had a car cleaning round from aged 12, Sunday caddying duties from aged 14, and worked all summer holidays gardening and painting from 16-18 when I left school.

House cost peanuts....a hovel in Bradford adjacent to a rough estate. But an early step on the ladder I built myself. Shudder thinking about it now it was in such atrocious condition.
 Where would you put it? - sooty123
If it were me S&S, it's plenty of time. If that's too risky corporate/gov bonds. All depends on your attitude to risk and how much you'd be looking at putting in. If it's a couple of grand over the period then a NSI account may well be fine.

If you are aiming to deposit regularly I'd put it in per month.
Latest Forum Posts