Non-motoring > Really bad luck Miscellaneous
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 16

Really bad luck - CGNorwich
www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-66599774

Really bad luck - Manatee
What were the chances of that happening?

I wonder if there will be an accident report.
 Really bad luck - Robin O'Reliant
Who saw that coming ;-)
 Really bad luck - Kevin
>I wonder if there will be an accident report.

It was pilot error.
 Really bad luck - Bobby
There were no available or suitable windows for him to fall out so they resorted to plan b.
 Really bad luck - bathtub tom
>> There were no available or suitable windows for him to fall out so they resorted
>> to plan b.

I suspect he was a prime target to be 'de-fenestrated'.
 Really bad luck - tyrednemotional
>>
>> It was pilot error.
>>

.... Indeed, TASS reported it as such yesterday...,
 Really bad luck - Terry
You all seem sure he was actually on the plane.

I am less convinced. He may now be a "free" man, no longer under threat - assuming any incinerated remains are unidentifiable

Possible but unlikely. Where’s would he go to disappear?
 Really bad luck - Kevin
Quite correct Terry.

Prighozin has/had two Embraers at his disposal and was in the habit of choosing which one to board at the last minute.

A channel on Telegram known to have links to the upper levels of Wagner and the Kremlin has already indicated that Prighozin's body and that of Dmytro Utkin, his second in command have, conveniently, already been identified and confirmed. Must have been wearing firesuits I guess, because earlier reports said that the plane was at nearly 30,000ft and people had heard two loud bangs and seen bits falling off it before it nose dived into the ground and exploded in a fireball.
 Really bad luck - Kevin
Just checked for an update and Rosaviatsia have issued a passenger manifest which also incuded Valery Chekalov who was Prighozin's head of security and responsible for his travel plans.

Another Telegram channel reports:

The stewardess of the plane that crashed is the sister of the deputy prosecutor of one of the cities of the Chelyabinsk region. He explained that Kristina Raspopova flew to Moscow a couple of days ago, where she was waiting for a flight to St. Petersburg. On Wednesday, they called and the woman said that the team is waiting for an important call, they say, to fly "today or tomorrow"'. In addition, according to the flight attendant, the plane was "undergoing repairs before departure."

And a photo has also appeared that purports to be of the plane wreckage showing signs of AA missile shrapnel t.me/astrapress/36025
 Really bad luck - James Loveless
A few footnotes:

The DT reports (1) Russian media had previously reported that eight bodies had been recovered from the wreckage of the mercenary boss’ Embraer Legacy 600 jet in the Tver region. The remains were apparently too badly burned to identify, with one of them said to be missing a head.

(2) A former head of MI6 has said there is a 'slim chance' that Yevgeny Prigozhin was not on the aircraft that crashed north of Moscow yesterday. Sir John Sawers told Radio 4’s Today programme: 'All the indications point to the fact that Putin has taken him out, he has reasserted his control, he is making clear to everyone both inside Russia and outside he is not going to brook any challenge. 'So if there is a slim chance that he is not dead, that he wasn’t on that plane, he will be soon.'

(3) Families of Wagner mercenaries are being interrogated about a possible coup following the death of Yevgeny Prigozhin, Russian media reports. Baza, the Telegram channel, said: 'The police are interested in whether someone is going to participate in the rebellion after the death of Yevgeny Prigozhin.'

Putin evidently wants/wanted to get rid of Prigozhin, but is worried about the repercussions. Progozhin created the monster that is Wagner, which turns out to have many heads.

Really bad luck - zippy
Putin continues not to give a toss about innocent lives, like the air-hostess and pilots.

Given his actions in Ukraine, London and Salisbury I guess we shouldn’t be surprised- it’s just collateral damage!
There are v. recent reports that masked men claiming to represent Wagner have warned the Kremlin to "expect us".
There are v. recent reports that masked men claiming to represent Wagner have warned the Kremlin to "expect us".

Do you have a source for that?
>> There are v. recent reports that masked men claiming to represent Wagner have warned the
>> Kremlin to "expect us".
>>
>> Do you have a source for that?

nypost.com/2023/08/24/wagner-fighters-threaten-to-march-on-moscow-after-jet-crash/

As always in this context, reliable news is hard to come by. Apparently the original source was a Telegram channel associated with Wagner.
Ah I see.

Telegram and The New York Post.

Wagner and a Rupert Murdoch tabloid.

Might be a teeny weeny bit unreliable I think. I'll check with a a bloke down the pub
Latest Forum Posts