Non-motoring > Womens World Cup - BBC Video NSFW Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 9

Womens World Cup - BBC Video NSFW - zippy
I don't follow a team, but do enjoy internationals and was cheering England on against China yesterday - and what a win - 6:1

Women's football is undoubtedly becoming more popular and generally players seem to be a lot less "prima donna-ish" than their male counterparts.

There is of course a short, but very good explanation of the popularity of the women's game here:

Warning. The video, whilst originally from the BBC, is NSFW

www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5CH5eHNpTc
 Womens World Cup - BBC Video NSFW - Zero
Standard is high, and its very entertaining. Standard of goalkeeping, generally, is poor tho.
 Womens World Cup - BBC Video NSFW - Robin O'Reliant
I'd like to see a rule change in the game. Goalkeepers only allowed to punch or parry the ball and not catch or hold it. It would speed the game up and make it much more exciting.
I remember West Ham had several keepers who couldn't catch the ball.
 Womens World Cup - BBC Video NSFW - CGNorwich
>> I remember West Ham had several keepers who couldn't catch the ball.
>>

Especially after a heavy session down the pub.
All the west ham has beens ended up at Norwich
City have to make do with whatever’s available and sell anyone who shows promise. Makes every other year a promotion or relegation struggle.
 Womens World Cup - BBC Video NSFW - Bromptonaut
>> I remember West Ham had several keepers who couldn't catch the ball.

Leeds fans way back when had a joke about ordering a round for the team. Ten pints in glasses and a mug with a handle for the goalie - Sprake I think.
It would completely unbalance the game and turn it into a farce. Goals would be in double digits every game. Football is surely exciting enough for most , after all it’s the world’s most popular game.
 Womens World Cup - BBC Video NSFW - smokie
I caught a bit of Irish football the other day on BBC2 (Gaelic I suppose). Looked quite interesting compared to our game.
Latest Forum Posts