Non-motoring > Les riots, French style Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 9

Les riots, French style - legacylad
I’m not condoning le flic for shooting the 17yo, but circumstances appear to be that he was driving illegally...too young to drive unsupervised (18 in France), in a bus lane and a car on Polish plates which may or may not be dodgy. And one of his passengers legged it pdq. Not something you’d do if if was all above board.

Now if he’d been a good boy and obeyed the rules he’d still be alive, but live by the sword, die by the sword and all that.
 Les riots, French style - Bromptonaut
Well from where I'm watching condoning le flic is exactly what you're doing.

Taking what you say about driver's age v French regs, bus lane etc and car's plates at face value then, unless driver was himself pointing a gun, there was no need to assassinate him by firing at point blank range.

If the 'flic' had followed the rules then laddie still alive and much less impetus to riot.
 Les riots, French style - zippy
>>live by the sword...

That sounds a bit like victim blaming.

Being a criminal does not warrant a summary execution, which is what this looks like.

Where do you draw the line; kid stealing a £1 chocolate bar gets shot in the back whilst fleeing - clearly his fault shouldn't be stealing / fleeing etc.

And seeing the video, it doesn't look like the cop was in danger as he was beside the car and not half stuck in the window or on the bonnet, which would have been a different situation calling for self defence should the kid have started driving off whilst the cop was still attached to the car.

Les riots, French style - sooty123
Now if he’d been a good boy and obeyed the rules he’d still be alive,
>> but live by the sword, die by the sword and all that.
>>

I suppose the copper is thinking something along the same lines when he ends up in prison. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes maybe a 20-30 year prize.
 Les riots, French style - Lygonos
Mate is in the sticks near Toulouse (lives between Scotland and France).

He saw various vehicles rolling out of a military compound including a stack of water cannons, and the neighbouring farmers are arming themselves.

He's taking the family to Spain today for a few days impromptu holiday.
 Les riots, French style - zippy
A cousin, white, medical professional and her husband, a very wealthy business owner, live in a southern French city.

They adopted a pair of black twins aged 1, one a girl one a boy.

The family live in a lovely wealthy area and routinely, very routinely, the kids get stopped by le Flic when walking though the nice estate on their way home from college.

I suspect France is less racially integrated that the UK.

>> I suspect France is less racially integrated that the UK.
 Les riots, French style - Runfer D'Hills
One of my oldest friends is a black British guy. Married to a white British girl who ironically enough is a police officer.
Still gets pulled over in his car by the police for “random” checks regularly despite driving like Miss Daisy in well kept modern cars and being well into late middle age.
It’s not just the French.

In France though, there have been a couple of occasions in my life when it seemed to be in my favour to point out that I was Scottish as opposed to English. That seems to sit better with the more xenophobic elements there.

People are pretty horrible really wherever you go, or at least, perhaps more accurately, there are pretty horrible people in most places.
>> One of my oldest friends is a black British guy. Married to a white British
>> girl who ironically enough is a police officer.
>> Still gets pulled over in his car by the police for “random” checks regularly despite
>> driving like Miss Daisy in well kept modern cars and being well into late middle
>> age.

It's a real thing in this country too.

One of Miss B's Uni lecturers was Black British. He asked his class of students to put their hands up if they could drive. Then leave them up if they'd been stopped by the police while driving.

Pretty well every hand went down. He was maybe 10yrs older than hs 20/21yo students but said he'd lost count of how often he'd been stopped.

At 63 and driving since 17 I've been stopped, or in a car that was stopped, twice. Once for having a defective headlight on my old Mini and once coming into Chester.

The first was justified; dipped beam not working.

The second was by a marked car. He turned out of of a lane behind us and turned on his blues after 2-3 minutes. Said we were weaving a bit. Asked where we were from/to and home address. All presumably tallied and we went on our way. He had a young constable with him and I wonder if it was a practice/demonstration.
 Les riots, French style - Zero
The French know how to riot. They have toppled monarchy and several governments in a long and fruitful history of rioting. Didnt do much when the germans rolled in mind.
Latest Forum Posts