Non-motoring > Miss Z's Ride in a Police Car Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 5

Miss Z's Ride in a Police Car - zippy
Miss Z was supposed to be home for tea with us. It's about a 100 mile journey.

There was a nasty accident and the road was closed.

Policeman comes running through the stationary cars asking if there are any doctors / nurses.

Sees Miss Z's parking permit for her hospital and heads to her drivers door and asks if she's a medic.

She says yes, junior doctor. He says there's a bad accident up ahead and emergency services are on there way but traffic is a mare can she help.

Of course she says yes but warns no equipment carried. Policeman calls on the radio and a police car comes up the closed empty other side of the dual carriageway and ferries her to the accident. Quite horrible apparently.

Shows policemen how to do chest compressions properly. Helps with triage and borrows paramedics kit when they arrive. Says paramedics were excellent. Worked with one whilst a policeman helped the other paramedic until others arrived.

After the victims were transported to hospital she is thanked and given a lift back to her car.
 Miss Z's Ride in a Police Car - Bobby
Well done Miss Z!
 Miss Z's Ride in a Police Car - Lygonos
+1

Was once in a similar position and was very very impressed by the response of a 'Joe Public' who was helping until the paramedics arrived.

Turned out he was a squaddie.
 Miss Z's Ride in a Police Car - zippy
>>Turned out he was a squaddie.

A similar story; when Miss Z was a year 3 student she was walking through the park to a meeting with her tutor at the University Hospital. Wanted to impress so was in a suit.

She came across a young woman who's heart had stopped (drugs I recall) and started compressions.

A crowd gathered but weren't helping until three very young squaddies turned up. Two dispersed the crowd and one asked to be shown how to do the compressions as Miss Z was tiring. (Ambulance was having difficulty getting in to the park and was delayed.)

Miss Z was ever so impressed with the squaddies who she said were just kids (she would have been 21).

Young lady survived - was taken to the hospital where Miss Z was studying.

Miss Z's Ride in a Police Car - Dog
>>Sees Miss Z's parking permit for her hospital

Reminds me of when I had a yellow 'Doctor on Call' card on the windscreen of my MGB.

I could (and did) park anywhere wivvit. Trans furred it to my 240Z and the filth nicked it when they nicked me.
 Miss Z's Ride in a Police Car - Dave_
There's a fairly new Audi estate near me with INCIDENT COMMANDER on a sign attached to the driver's sun visor. Can't see any stealth blue lights on the car, but it looks genuine. ^shrug^
Latest Forum Posts