Non-motoring > Lunch in The City Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 9

Lunch in The City - Duncan
I had a trip up to The City today with a couple of chums.

Very pleasant, we indulged ourselves by having lunch in The Crosse Keys in Gracechurch street.

www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all-pubs/england/london/the-crosse-keys-city-of-london
scroll down to the second horizontal blue band and there is a 'download' link at the right hand end of the blue band.

It was absolutely bulging. Even though it's a big place, we had a bit of a search to find a table. Sirloin steak with all the trimmings, cooked to perfection, plus a pint of Fullers London Pride for £15.10. I commend it to you. If you are not in that precise neck of the woods, then the Hamilton Hall at Liverpool Street, the branch at Cannon Street, or the one across the road from Faringdon station, I have tried them all, they are equally good..

I am not sure if I have mentioned previously what good value I think 'spoons food and drink is?
 Lunch in The City - Robin O'Reliant
A mate had a week in London recently and they went on a visit to the Tower. £4 for a cup of non-descript coffee and six quid for a slice of sponge cake.
>> A mate had a week in London recently and they went on a visit to
>> the Tower. £4 for a cup of non-descript coffee and six quid for a slice
>> of sponge cake.

Well, if you won't listen to me. What can I say?

The Liberty Bounds by the Tower. Coffee or tea with free re-fills £1.45

www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all-pubs/england/london/the-liberty-bounds-tower-of-london

Click on the 'download' in the lower blue band and a link to the menu pops up.
 Lunch in The City - bathtub tom
Yup. just back from a curry and (a few) pints with old workmates. Twenty quid each in the kitty - I left them there to drink the change.
 Lunch in The City - Bobby
Sirloin Steak in Spoons.

Did I read that correctly?

Better go back to my bed, must be having a nightmare….
 Lunch in The City - helicopter
Was up in town Wednesday, lunch was Scampi ,chips peas and a pint
in the Shakespeares Head , a 'spoons on Kingsway for the magnificent sum of £10.20

Dinner with my son was in Cote in Tavistock St, heart of Theatreland.
Cote is a Bistro franchise chain for those of you up north

I had Calamari starter, Sirloin steak and chips Main and Chocolate Mousse pud , just a Coke zero to drink. All 3 courses very tasty and with a 10% tip a smidge under £30. The place was rammed with pre theatre diners.
Last edited by: helicopter on Fri 30 Jun 23 at 09:08
We have a couple of Cotes locally. Very pleasant, good value dining.
 Lunch in The City - VxFan
img.ifunny.co/images/044dd257a5ad1b6311a997428106ffe3b629f154e7711de064316d8546bf2e4b_1.jpg
 Lunch in The City - Bromptonaut
The Spaghetti House on the Southampton Row Vernon Place/Theobalds Rd is my go to close to Theatreland.
 Lunch in The City - BiggerBadderDave
'plus a pint of Fullers London Pride'

My favourite beer. A pint of London Pride in a London pub is pretty much the only time I'll drink/enjoy alcohol these days. Although as long as it's in a pub, any good bitter will suffice.
Latest Forum Posts