Non-motoring > Repeat Prescriptions Miscellaneous
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 16

Repeat Prescriptions - maltrap
Until today i have always collected my repeat prescription every 2 months from my local Boots.
When i enquired about my latest 'scrip they tell me the NHS are no longer doing repeat ,scrips
and i have to take my repeat ,scrip to my GP surgery every 2 months and reorder there.
Are they having me on ? Is there an online service i can use ?
Any advice gratefully accepted.
 Repeat Prescriptions - Duncan
I/we phone our local pharmacy. Give them a request for XYZ. Three days later it's there. I presume they get the scrip from the surgery, but I don't know the mechanics of it.

Try the surgery and/or another pharmacy.
 Repeat Prescriptions - Bromptonaut
We're both on regular repeats.

Just order them on line via Patient Access and they're at the pharmacy no more than 2 days later.
 Repeat Prescriptions - Manatee
I was still able to order mine from the quack in the NHS app a couple of days ago. They have pharmacies at two of their surgery location and I just specify with one I want to collect from.
 Repeat Prescriptions - Zero
Im on repeats, like bromp I log onto patient access, click the reorder tab, and collect two days later
 Repeat Prescriptions - James Loveless
I use the NHS app. It's quick and reliable.
 Repeat Prescriptions - BiggerBadderDave
I use my wife. Slow and unreliable but better than me having to do it.
 Repeat Prescriptions - Ted
I use me, also slow and unreliable.I just call in a few days before it's due and it's all waiting for me plus SWM's.

It's only 150 yards away though. They sort my tablets into 28 day packs for me to collect with all the other stuff, injections and unguents, etc.

Not too happy with my GP atm. I've developed an itchy rash on my shoulders and arms with some on my scalp, no, it's not swine vesicular disease! Succumbed to calling in at the surgery after months of suffering to book an appointment. The gatekeeper said " computer says no !" Best offer was a telephone appointment early June. Kill me now !

55 yrs service at this practice doesn't seem to matter. The original doc worked alone, did two drop-ins a day which were always packed plus home visits. All on his own plus he would always turn out for an emergency, like a baby unwell, as he did with ours all those years ago. Now, there are three docs and a nurse and no patients in the place. Summat's not right !

Ted

Ted
Last edited by: Ted on Fri 12 May 23 at 16:16
 Repeat Prescriptions - smokie
Try the video doctor. Works well in my experience. They may refer you for a face to face anyway.

Just tell your wife that you sitting half naked talking to a stranger on the computer is just your way of making a few extra bob on OnlyFans.
 Repeat Prescriptions - DeeW
Ted, look at all the potential side effects of drugs you are on. . Husband was on blood pressure tablets when he developed itchy rash on scalp mainly plus on arms. Doc flummoxed. I went through notes carefully and discovered psoriasis could be a side effect of that drug. That was what it was.
 Repeat Prescriptions - smokie
That's interesting Dee as I am on BP drugs and being out in the strong sun causes itchiness, particularly scalp and face, but with no visible rash. I'll look into it a bit more, thanks.
 Repeat Prescriptions - Kevin
Since I started on anticoags I've developed a reaction to washing powder. In it's efforts to claim bragging rights for it's measly water consumption our washing machine wasn't getting rid of all the detergent. It took me ages to work out what was causing it because it varied with the load in the machine.
Mrs K now buys the anti allergy stuff and presses the extra-rinse button twice. Problem solved.
Last edited by: Kevin on Fri 12 May 23 at 21:13
 Repeat Prescriptions - Bromptonaut
I've had problems recently with developing a itch reaction to my cotton t-shirts particularly when seated against a back rest. Drove me mad driving in France last year and also when watching telly at home. Had issues with fabric conditioner since my teens but never with whatever was in use at the time for clothes washing.

Probably started late 21 or early 22. With hindsight it might well have been around then that we changed from Aldi washing liquid to something 'Eco' Mrs B got in a bring your own container place in Daventry.

Changing to 'sensitive skin' stuff from Sainsbury's has sorted it. The extra rinse on its own did not but I press it anyway.

No medication change in my case. Been on Citalopram more on/off but more permanently since 2016 for anxiety but nothing else other than odd course of antibiotics.
 Repeat Prescriptions - Duncan
>> That's interesting Dee as I am on BP drugs and being out in the strong
>> sun causes itchiness, particularly scalp and face, but with no visible rash. I'll look into
>> it a bit more, thanks.

I have had problems with my plates. During various consultations, the podiatrist advised moisturiser for my dry, itchy skin areas. It has worked.
 Repeat Prescriptions - Ted

Thanx Dee. I am on a bp tablet, not sure 'til I look at my scrip. I'll mention it to Doc if ever I see him. I've not changed it for many a year and this lot came on a few months ago.

Eldest daughter, a paramedic, brought me a small tub of some herbal stuff saying she has known it to be very effective on skin problems. Trying it out on a wrist atm to see if any good. Chemist gave me Epimax the other day and I've been using that at night. Seems to stop the itch a bit

Trying a glass of Talisker now...Will see result later !

Ted
 Repeat Prescriptions - Fullchat
Miss FC works in a Boots pharmacy.
She tells me the Dr sets the time limit for automatic issue of repeat prescriptions to the pharmacy.
That date may have been reached and it is contact with the GP that is required.
 Repeat Prescriptions - neiltoo
www.patientaccess.com/

Works for me.

8o)
Latest Forum Posts