Non-motoring > 2023 Local Elections Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 14

2023 Local Elections - Zero
Well, to no-ones surprise, the Tories are taking a pounding, and Labour is not mopping it all up

Biggest shock I suppose so far must be Windsor & Maidenhead.

Be interesting to see what happens in my solid blue constituency when they can be asked to get out of bed and start counting.
 2023 Local Elections - sooty123
They also seem to have lost alot in the east of England that would be traditionally Con, they seemed to have gone ind or some to LD. Labour gained a few councils they've not been in charge of for a long time.

Even at this level of voting for Labour, best estimates are in a GE it would be a hung parliament---> Lab 20 seat majority. Pretty fine margins still.

2023 Local Elections - Duncan
Pretty standard stuff.

A party has been in power for 13 years. They are tired. The electorate is tired of them. Give the other lot a go for a few years. Rinse and repeat.

Yawn. Did I mention that I have seen it all before? I have now been served by 20 different Prime Ministers and 5 different monarchs.
>>>. and 5 different monarchs.

Really? Would like them named please.

2023 Local Elections - smokie
I'd imagine Labour are secretly disappointed they haven't picked up more of the Tory fall out. Still, the day is young.
 2023 Local Elections - helicopter
I can only assume Duncan was born before 1936 so George V, EdwardVIII, George VI, Elizabeth II and Charles III.
>> George V, EdwardVIII, George VI, Elizabeth II and Charles III.

If we are asking for names, a pedant might say that the third monarch's first name was Albert.
 2023 Local Elections - CGNorwich
I think that pedant would be confusing the baptismal name with the regnal name.
>> >>>. and 5 different monarchs.
>>
>> Really? Would like them named please.

May I refer my friend to the reply from helicopter.
Trying to agree the number of PMs. Are you counting term in office or different PMs?
My first PM was Ramsey MacDonald. I make it 20 different PMs. What number do you come up with?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_governments
Yes you're right 20 different PMs. That's quite a list. Due for another addition in the not too distant future I suspect.

>> Be interesting to see what happens in my solid blue constituency when they can be
>> asked to get out of bed and start counting.

The Tories lost, we now have NOC.

>>
>> The Tories lost, we now have NOC.
>>

Same here in Broadland
 2023 Local Elections - smokie
Labour supporting friends of mine were recently saying how it would be much better if the country was run by a coalition.

Sounds much more sexy than NOC :-)
Latest Forum Posts