Non-motoring > Fire Engines ahoy! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: DeeW Replies: 2

Fire Engines ahoy! - DeeW
Yesterday was the 35th Fire Engine Adventure for the children having treatment for cancer on the Piam Brown Ward at Southampton General. We loved this trip out when my youngest was undergoing treatment and did three trips, in a 1953 Dennis on two trips. Oliver still has his uniform cap from that engine.
The engines travel long distances to take part and at 12 miles a gallon in some of the appliances, very generous. This year I actually know two of the people who work for the Fire Services, who came down from Cambridge in their engine.
Anyway, a bit of noisy Neenaw action for you!

youtu.be/TokaG_98i_k
 Fire Engines ahoy! - smokie
Noisy, but looks good.

I remember having the fire brigade along to our local carnival once when I was organiser. They made sure everyone knew they were there!! :-) They did a demo of cutting the roof off a car, which went down well.
 Fire Engines ahoy! - Ted

There's a guy locally who brings a 1953 Dennis to the shows round here. Our local classic car show has a new venue this year, it's about 150 yards from the house I lived in until I was 15 and 600 yds from where I live now..

I've booked the Jowett in so the petrol won't cost an arm and a leg. Nice picnic, kettle to make a decent cuppa and a few folding chairs. There's always folk I know in the game stopping to chat with you.

Early June....praying for Sunshine.

The ole fella was in the AFS during the Hitler spat and served through the Manchester blitz. Got to admire them, working in narrow streets between blazing, multi floor warehouses with the Luftwaffe bombing them. He once had to drive a Leyland-Merryweather pump escape 200 miles to London to help in their blitz. No cab or heater, middle of winter, just a windscreen and a blanket. No M-ways either.

Ted
Latest Forum Posts