Non-motoring > Composite fencing Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 6

Composite fencing - legacylad
Had contact from an ex asking for info on composite fencing....I didn’t know it existed. I’ve heard of composite doors, plastic fence panels, but that’s a new one on me. Anyone had any fitted or thoughts on, both positive and negative.

I’ve put up wooden fences for friends and family for years...dug holes, poured postcrete, small and large jobs, on both level and sloping ground.
My old mum has a corner plot, her fence has been there for 20 years, and every three years I put on two coats of spirit based wood preserver, both sides, and it’s still almost like new.

That’s hardly high maintenance, and it looks good. Thoughts please ?
 Composite fencing - Duncan
Is it a euphemism?
 Composite fencing - Falkirk Bairn
My next door neighbour has clad his shed in a composite - mixture of sawdust & plastic resin - keeps it's colour, does not rot but presumably will crack with age at some point.

Looks like weatherboarding painted grey - maintenance free.
 Composite fencing - Duncan
>> My next door neighbour has clad his shed in a composite - mixture of sawdust
>> & plastic resin - keeps it's colour, does not rot but presumably will crack with
>> age at some point.

tinyurl.com/s46s6z3k
 Composite fencing - zippy
I have client that imports this stuff by the ship load.

It's very expensive. Requires modular fixing bits, some are interchangeable, some work on one system only.

Looks great. Don't know how it will look 25 years on and if it's as flexible as natural products - ability to put up with knocks and scrapes etc a tree branch rubbing against it etc.

Buy everything you need at one. Colour batches may vary and won't weather in the same way natural products do.

Make sure it comes with a good warranty - buy on credit card.
 Composite fencing - bathtub tom
Someone local has some, they shrank! Supplier told them they should've paid more for the premium quality. Supplier eventually replaced them.
 Composite fencing - Bobby
Neighbours across from the in laws have installed this.
Looks very industrial. I don’t like it.
Latest Forum Posts