Non-motoring > Dogs on public transport Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 23

Dogs on public transport - legacylad
My previous dogs always travelled on the floor of buses and trains...I don’t have a problem with hand bag dogs sitting on their owners lap, it is what it is.

A damp day yesterday and one bus traveller yesterday, sat near the front, thought it ok for his large wet Labrador to sit on the seat. On getting off the bus, my pal, who’d imbibed a few sherberts, had words with both the dog owner, and the driver for saying nothing.

Dog owner took umbrage saying his Labrador had a seat belt on and took mighty offence. I dragged my pal off the bus before the situation escalated.

Dog should have known better.
 Dogs on public transport - Zero
Mine are on the floor when traveling by PT, I think some of the conditions of travel for pets specify it

However they are cute enough to get away with it, cos they is goldies

www.youtube.com/shorts/43iwtq_EIKc
 Dogs on public transport - Timeonmyhands
My gripe is kids standing in supermarket trolleys transferring lord knows what onto the surface I put food on.
 Dogs on public transport - CGNorwich
To be fair is not supermarket food all wrapped?
 Dogs on public transport - Timeonmyhands
True, but diluted dog excrement on your grocery outers is not a pleasant thought.
 Dogs on public transport - sooty123
Most supermarkets now have cleaning facilities at the doorway if you wish to wash and clean the trolley.
Although I'm not sure how many kids stand in dog poo and then stand in a trolley, not something I've noticed tbf.
One of todays problems is not enough built up natural immunity, leading to auto immune diseases, and pandemics.

(mind you I think they said that about the great plague in 1666, maybe the black death in 1348 as well)
The reall supermarket irritants are those people , mainly old women,, who examine each piece of loose fruit or vegetable minutely, prodding and squeezing it and then putting it back.
>> The reall supermarket irritants are those people ,

No the ones who get to the checkout who get all their goods scanned, then decide to try and find the purse to pay, then spend minutes putting everything back in the purse, then finding the right compartment to put it back in, then pack their goods.....
Self scanning and automated checkout is the answer.
>> Self scanning and automated checkout is the answer.

Those things complain and nag more than the wife.......
 Dogs on public transport - Ted

Oh dear,
Load trolley
unzip handbag
search for specs
zip bag
put specs on
unzip bag
search for purse
find purse
zip bag
unzip purse
find money/right card
proffer to checkout girl
zip purse
place in bag
zip bag
take change/card
unzip bag
find purse
unzip purse
Put change/card in
zip purse
put in bag
zip bag

All then repeated twice 'cos receipt need folding and putting in purse and then remembered vouchers which then need argument over bill....Doh !

Staff then have to be called to remove my rotting skeleton still clutching a bottle of tonic wine and the correct cash !

Ted
 Dogs on public transport - henry k
>> >> The real supermarket irritants are those people ,
>>
>> No the ones who get to the checkout who get all their goods scanned,
>> then decide to try and find the purse to pay,
>> then spend minutes putting everything back in the purse,
>> then finding the right compartment to put it back in, then pack their goods.....
>>
There are also all the fully automated females with their iphone model nn pro max enhanced who wait in the queue paying attention to all the electro gossip and then waste my time while they hunt and hunt for the specific electro version of the card for this supermarket so they can garner 10 pence of points for their personalised account.
 Dogs on public transport - Bromptonaut
>> No the ones who get to the checkout who get all their goods scanned, then
>> decide to try and find the purse to pay.

Or on the rail network.

Get to the counter in Smiths and get their paper and sandwich scanned. Then decide they need things, usually smoking requirements, that need a staff member. When asked to pay they look gob smacked and start ferreting for card or, worse, the exact amount in cash. Meanwhile the clock is ticking towards the time of the next London express.

Quite how the man behind with a Brompton and the exact the price of the Graun in his hand didn't push in front (or throw them down the stairs) is a mystery.
 Dogs on public transport - sooty123
>> The reall supermarket irritants are those people , mainly old women,, who examine each piece
>> of loose fruit or vegetable minutely, prodding and squeezing it and then putting it back.
>>

Or people stood in the middle of the aisle blocking everyone while they read labels on packets and tins.
 Dogs on public transport - Runfer D'Hills
I always seem to get stuck behind “Voucher Woman” at supermarket checkouts. She inevitably remembers that she has some after the transaction is completed and has to get the checkout assistant to re-enter everything. This can often lead to up to a 50p reduction on her £140 bill.
I have in the past offered to give them the 50p to shove off!
:-(
Not met woman who decides to have conversation her phone rather than deal with paying her bill yet then?

Then who has the cheek to call you rude because you complain.
 Dogs on public transport - Dog
I've not had the pleasure of visiting a supermarket for over 24 years but, the ole woman reckons the shopper who forgets an item and goes back to get it hence holding everyone up at the checkout takes some beating.
 Dogs on public transport - bathtub tom
>> I've not had the pleasure of visiting a supermarket for over 24 years but, the
>> ole woman reckons the shopper who forgets an item and goes back to get it
>> hence holding everyone up at the checkout takes some beating.

I've come across the person who joins the queue and then repeatedly goes and gets other items. I pushed their trolley out of the way and took their place. Glad to see that when they returned everyone else in the queue made them join the back.
 Dogs on public transport - Runfer D'Hills
>>Then who has the cheek to call you rude because you complain.

Oh come now, no one could begin to imagine that you would or could ever be accused of being rude? You always come across as utterly charming here anyway!
;-)
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Fri 17 Feb 23 at 12:24
Says the man who throws 50p at them and tells them to "Shove off"

Anyway, she got the idea when everyone behind me started to back me up.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 17 Feb 23 at 12:58
 Dogs on public transport - VxFan
>> To be fair is not supermarket food all wrapped?

Not all fruit and veg is wrapped these days.

And they have the cheek to ask you to pay 30p for a bag to put your apples / peppers / carrots / cauliflower / cabbage / etc in.

Sod that though. I head to the bread dept and pick up a few paper bread bags (which are generally free, except in M&S) to put my fruit and veg in.
 Dogs on public transport - Ted

My finest hour was in Safeways...twice.

They extended the back and put a new entrance in. I stepped in off brick onto marble...it was wet and I fell, sitting on the side of my right foot. I went in only to tell a supervisor that it needed a mat inside. She laughed at me and said I shouldn't be coming in that way, in spite of the automatic door ! I found a manager who put the incident in the book. Result, £1500 for me and a chunk extra for my brief. Next time, the mat had gone. I rang Council health and safety who promptly shut the entrance down. Now some tiles have been removed and a proper mat fitted in.

Later, same place. They had a couple of narrow checkouts and small trolleys. Woman in front had a regular trolley, she unloaded and found her trolley jammed. Starting to walk with a pile of bags and three noisy kids, I shouted to her to kindly move it. She glared at me, ignored my request and gave me the finger..red rag time !

It was all disentangled and I loaded the belt. Collecting my stuff, I saw a set of keys, which I swiftly covered up. At a good moment I dropped them on the floor and kicked them under the next, empty, checkout.

Leaving I saw the same woman at the door of a red Fiesta frantically searching every pocket, bag and child she had with her. A great wave of satisfaction flooded over me as I left, noticing her with kids and shopping going back into the store ! Probably to ring a cab

Ted
 Dogs on public transport - Fullchat
As we say Ted "It all comes to those who wait" and "Revenge is a dish best served cold"
In your case you didnt have to wait very long and the dish was still piping hot. :))
Latest Forum Posts