Non-motoring > Dad's Taxi - B****y kids Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 6

Dad's Taxi - B****y kids - zippy
Miss Z lives almost 100 miles away.

She has been here for Xmas but is staying with her boyfriend who lives 25 miles away.

Last night, Miss Z and boyfriend were out on the town (here) with a good friend and had arranged a Taxi home. They had booked the taxi whilst here - I witnessed it.

Taxi didn't show. Taxi co inundated and couldn't serve them. There were no other taxis that wanted the job!

This was at 01:30 this AM. I get a call at 02:00 - "Dad, can you pick us up please?"

Me: "Sure, you can stay at ours and get home later in the morning or even stay for lunch".

Miss Z: "Erm no, boyfriend has a delivery at 08:00 tomorrow, can you drive us home?"

Me: "OK, sigh".

At least the roads were quiet, there and back. Got back to bed at 04:00AM.

As a total aside to this, whilst in a local hostelry some git managed to remove a ring from her finger whilst shaking her hand. The ring, a present from Mrs Z and I, looks expensive, but isn't. Miss Z administered a quick whack to the miscreants face, breaking his sunglasses (who wears sunglasses in a pub at gone 21:00) and retrieved the ring. Miss Z brooks no crap.

Dad's Taxi - B****y kids - tyrednemotional
>>Miss Z brooks no crap.
>>

......apart from jewellery.... ;-)

(She's lucky you were sober enough to drive - you were. weren't you!)
>>
>> (She's lucky you were sober enough to drive - you were. weren't you!)
>>

I was. Lots of tea and one can of cola yesterday.

I tend not to drink at home, perhaps a bottle or can of beer on hot days in the summer or when very wound up by something.

A 20 pack will last the better part of a year, not including social events then beers, wine, shorts, shots etc.

I much prefer drinking out, though I have noticed that my last round for 6 people cost £78 according to my credit card statement.
>> >>Miss Z brooks no crap.
>>
>> ......apart from jewellery.... ;-)
>>

A "bling ring" but from the quality end of the market - real gold and diamond but it looked several £k when it was in fact not.

Funnily with Miss Z, it's not the value but the sentiment - her boyfriend quoted Miss Z: "my mum and dad gave me that, you're not having it!"

She's was the same when she moved. One of her most treasured possessions went with her - not with the removal company - an £8 elephant shaped plant pot smaller than a tea cup that I brought for her when we had a day out.
 Dad's Taxi - B****y kids - Runfer D'Hills
>>total aside to this, whilst in a local hostelry some…

Classy place then?

;-)
>> >>total aside to this, whilst in a local hostelry some…
>>
>> Classy place then?
>>
>> ;-)
>>

I would have put money on it being the local 'spoons but I would have lost.
 Dad's Taxi - B****y kids - Duncan
>> I would have put money on it being the local 'spoons but I would have
>> lost.
>>

People in spoons are as straight as a die.

Beneath that rough exterior.... etc.
Latest Forum Posts