Non-motoring > Euro exchange rate Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 7

Euro exchange rate - legacylad
Took my eye off the ball, and let my Euro balance on Revolut drop to almost zero. I’ve just had a quick look at exchanging some sterling and it’s just over €1.13. A few months ago it was over €1.16.

Not particularly important for me at the moment, but come April I’ve an expensive rental to pay for ( non refundable deposit paid 6 months ago) followed by an extended road trip.

If I can get a last minute deal I may well sneak off to the Canaries for 7 days, second week in January...fed up with this awful weather, and friends telling me about the current good weather on the Costa Blanca. Not that I could join them on their long daily mountain walks and scrambles.
 Euro exchange rate - smokie
I used to get hung up about exchange rates but really, the actual cash difference in what you are talking about is not very big.

Revolut changed some rules earlier this year btw, can't recall exactly what, but it meant it was cheaper if I paid the rental for our Portugal flat over tow months instead of in one go. So I suppose it was a new limit on transfers to abroad. Also there was something magic about £1000, I think once you'd spent that much in any one (rolling or calendar, who knows?) month, and further transactions incurred an additional cost. Again not huge but if it can be avoided all the better.

Which has reminded me that I should start the payment process for the hol which begins in Feb and ends in April next month.
 Euro exchange rate - Duncan
>> Not that I could
>> join them on their long daily mountain walks and scrambles.
>>

Have I not been paying attention (again)?

What have you done to yourself?
New hip 26/11.
Now walking without my trekking poles but can’t manage scrambling yet or their 8 hours days in the mountains. I’m up to 6 and a bit miles...hopefully more on Monday as it’s a good forecast.
I’m still aiming to ski early April...just the gentle stuff. No icy mogul fields .
This AM at Travelex LBA.
The walk up rate is 91cents per £1.00
I wonder if anyone buys any Euros at that rate…many years ago I used to order online and collect at the bureau before departure.
 Euro exchange rate - CGNorwich
"I wonder if anyone buys any Euros at that rate.."

I don't buy large quantities of foregn cash at all these days. Pay for as much as possible in Europe - virtually everything , with a credit card.
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Sat 7 Jan 23 at 19:09
Likewise.
Pay for everything, apart from tips, on my Revolut card. Currently €1.134.
 Euro exchange rate - smokie
Tend to use my phone mostly these days. Revolut is the attached card when I'm abroad (assume Portugal!).

SWMBO likes to get a wodge of cash when we arrive but we end up using it where a card would do nicely. There's a few beachside bars which are cash only, numbers diminish with each visit, but most places are now happy to take the card - the mini supermarket man doesn't blink an eye when we pay for say 80 cents worth of bread with it.
Latest Forum Posts