Non-motoring > Bah Humbug Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 15

Bah Humbug - zippy
Wishing all you old so and sos a jolly Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
 Bah Humbug - BiggerBadderDave
Thoroughly dislike Polish Christmas tradition. If it wasn't for wifey's sister's long see-thru dress I would've left at the earliest opportunity. Bah humbug indeed.

Their New Year Eves are good though.

Merries, happies etc.etc.
 Bah Humbug - CGNorwich
No need to carp.
 Bah Humbug - MD
Excellent reply.:-)
 Bah Humbug - Fullchat
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2023, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make Britain great. Not to imply that Britain is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only Country in the Western Hemisphere. And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.
By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.
 Bah Humbug - Ted

Wot 'e said

Ted
 Bah Humbug - Runfer D'Hills
Aye well yes, all of that. Not long to go now though. (Until the January credit card bills eh?)
;-)
 Bah Humbug - Ted

Not spent owt on CCs for a few months apart from her Kindle books. Must change Amazon default payment to current account.. January brings the 3 month gas bill though...nice.

Have a good day , all.

Ted
 Bah Humbug - Robin O'Reliant
Where do I start?

Mrs O'Reliant is suffering with a painful trapped nerve in her hip, slowly improving and especially after a visit from a phisio on Thursday, but still largely incapacitated. That leaves me as a full time house husband in addition to working every morning.

The boiler is leaking at the cold water inlet, safe enough to leave until the New Year according to the plumber who came out yesterday as it is well away from the electrics, and it still works ok. I have a bowl to catch the drips which I have to empty a few times a day. But it's something I could do without.

To cap it all I had to take our poor little eleven year old Beagle to the vet yesterday morning and stood there holding her paw while the fatal dose was administered. It was difficult to hold myself together and I could barely speak. She had a major tumor in the abdomin and the vet said there was little hope of a successful outcome. The house is not the same without her.

Merry Christmas, everyone.
 Bah Humbug - Fullchat
Never a good time to say goodby to a pet. I'm sure Mrs O'R will be secretly enjoying all the attention.

Merry Christmas
 Bah Humbug - Fursty Ferret
I'm working. This message is from California at 4am where nothing is going to be open. At least I managed to avoid the snow-bomb thing that's hitting the rest of the USA.

Would have been a pretty lame Christmas at home anyway. My mum can't travel thanks to an osteopath (insert your favoured term for quack doctor here) deciding that manipulation of a fractured back last week was a good thing, and I've not spoken to my dad for months.

Back on the 27th and hoping that the Christmas decorations are already down.
 Bah Humbug - Dog
I treated the ole woman to *brown willy this morning. Called into the Jamaica inn on our return ... closed until the 27th.

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Willy
 Bah Humbug - legacylad
RoR...sorry to hear about all those woes.
Only a few years ago I had to call out the emergency vet on Boxing Day to put my Lakeland to sleep. Buried him in my mums garden later that day. Not a good time, not that it ever is.

Can’t say I’ve ever liked Christmas since I left childhood...I enjoyed the run up to the big day whilst working in retail, Boxing Day in my warehouse, back at 7AM on the 27th. Christmas Day was a PITA either visiting or entertaining relatives.

Wish I was in CA staying with my friends in Placerville and skiing in various resorts around Tahoe. Instead I’ve been looking after my 95yo mum with Alzheimer’s. A few loads of washing this AM, bacon sandwiches for lunch, then up a ladder painting this afternoon.
And her sister passed away in the wee small hours.
Roll on 2023.
 Bah Humbug - Bromptonaut
As others say sorry about your dog R O'R.

I'm on my own in the house.

Xmas plan, per the caravan thread, was to take the Xplore to C&MC Southport on 22nd. Spend last night with our son in Liverpool and back to the 'van for Xmas dinner today. Then on to NE Wales for a get together with family at daughter's in laws on 27th.

Last weekend (16/17) Mrs B hatched an ENT infection which spread to her chest. In a bad way alst week and we cancelled Southport. Although we thought she was on the mend on Friday by yesterday she was in severe pain and not breathing well. 111 on line said 999 but 999 said no, take her to A&E. Which I did.

She was kept in. Not yet on a ward so in a side room on A&E, for intravenous antibiotics and to stabilise her pain.

Now off her t*ts on morphine!!

We'll stage a belated Xmas when she's home and well.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Sun 25 Dec 22 at 18:22
 Bah Humbug - legacylad
I can let you have an unopened bottle of morphine sulphate oral solution. It’s supposedly good stuff, included in my meds when discharged after my hip job. Didn’t need it, and studiously avoided. Beer was a far better, and more sociable, pain killer the first week.

I wonder how much I could sell it for in Bradford or Keighley ?
 Bah Humbug - Dog
I'm 'moor' of a Ketamine man meself.
Latest Forum Posts