Non-motoring > Couriers EVRI & DPD are a shambles Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 10

Couriers EVRI & DPD are a shambles - zippy
Both outright lied yesterday.

I am awaiting urgent parcels.

DPD said the driver couldn't find my house. I called them and they got on to the depot who said the driver knew where the house was, he's been there before and that he had put the wrong code on their in house app. The parcel would be with you today (yesterday).

It didn't arrive and this morning I got a message saying the package is being returned to the supplier.

EVRI said they couldn't deliver due to bad weather. Well the package originated in the south and since ordering the weather has been fine. I paid for nominated day delivery but that's clearly rubbish and I will be claiming that back.

This morning the supplier gave me a new tracking code for EVRI that does not exist according to the EVRI website.

Shambles.
 Couriers EVRI & DPD are a shambles - Bromptonaut
Amazon fun and games for me.

On Monday morning they knocked on my door. Not expecting anything and the large package they left on the step was clearly addressed to somebody on the other side of Northampton. Managed to whistle the driver back, albeit on the drive in my dressing gown, and explained not mine.

All our postcodes start NN and this one had same final two letters (street identifier) as mine. The district was NN6, I'm NN7. Road name bears no resemblance to mine.

Late afternoon another bloke from Amazon knocks on the door leaving parcel on step. Same parcel. Whistled him back and said not mine and that he's the second person and point out the street name is not that on the road he's just driven into. He points at his handheld device apparently to indicate that computer says deliver to my address.

Last night I was expecting a delivery. Contained alcohol so exchange with agent included him recording my DoB. He then hands me a second parcel....

This time he's first language English and seems to grasp the issue; will get his manager to look into it.

Hopefully I won't see it again today!!!
>> Hopefully I won't see it again today!!!

Not seen it for a few days but I was expecting a delivery today.

Tracker says delivery imminent and a delivery vehicle, not Amazon or a known quantity parks opposite and rummages in his van. Drives off again and the tracker shows him randomly at Grange Park (mini town by the M1) and then back with me.

Delivers me my parcel, something Mrs B needs while in hospital, and the offers me what looks very like the same package for NN6 lady and another for her as well. Pointed out (again) thast neither street name or postcode are mine. He gets exasperated and points at his screen which is evidently telling him to deliver them here.

This time I clocked the intended recipients name. After looking on Directory Inquiries and then Facebook I found a possible match on Linked In.

Messaged her.
>> Messaged her.

Now in contact.

Apparently she's in a new build. House number and postcode not yet applied to all databases.

Assumption is that, offered an address in NN6 XRU, which is not, found somebody or some device has decided a similar NN7 postcode is 'near enough'. It's actually miles away.
>> >> Messaged her.
>>
>> Now in contact.
>>
>> Apparently she's in a new build. House number and postcode not yet applied to all
>> databases.

They've just tried to deliver it again.....

This time I've stuck a message to it...
 Couriers EVRI & DPD are a shambles - zippy
On the phone to both shops this morning.

Tesco - call centre in the UK (Scotland I am guessing from the accent) so far so good. Promised to look in to it and so I don't have to hold will ring me back.

M&S - dreadful (call centre abroad). I politely said my package hadn't been delivered and their new tracking code didn't exist on the courier's website. The contact swore. I let it go.

I asked for a refund of my nominated delivery fee. The contact swore again. I'm not putting up with that. So I put the phone down. I am going to complain about that. It's not acceptable.

Mrs Z was in the lounge reading a book. She confirmed that I was very polite with both my calls which bemused her (well I wanted things sorted).

Couriers EVRI & DPD are a shambles - Terry
I am lead to believe all couriers are hugely overloaded due to Xmas demand and Royal Mail strikes.

Royal Mail market share of parcel/courier delivery is somewhere between 30-50% - depends whether number of parcels or revenue. If customers switch to other couriers it could easily add 50% to their existing volumes.

They don't have the drivers to cope with the increased load, and those they do have are working unsafe hours. Their depots, staffing and associated systems are set up to cope with normal demand levels. Failed delivery excuses abound!

No consolation for those waiting urgent deliveries - but no surprise either.
>> I am lead to believe all couriers are hugely overloaded due to Xmas demand and
>> Royal Mail strikes.

There's a Berlingo van running round locally on courier duty; think it's Evri.

Passed it in our road while out on an errand on Monday. Dashboard was piled with packages. If the Police had seen him they'd have had every justification to stop and examine with a view to prosecution.
 Couriers EVRI & DPD are a shambles - Rudedog
Seen several people on YT catching some of the big couriers out by sending Apple Airtags around the world and proving that the couriers location updates no where near match with where the parcels actually are, there seems to be a lot of time spent in 'dispatch areas' when the couriers are stating the package is out for delivery.

Seems people are also using these Airtags to prove where expensive items are in the system in case they get 'lost'.

Couriers EVRI & DPD are a shambles - Ted

Neighbour three doors up had one of those letter boxes on the wall by the front door. One morning she checked it and went to work.

Courier delivered a package of jewellery, left it in the blue bin and put a note in the box to that effect.

Guess what, it was blue bin day and of course the package went with it. She found the note,the following day. The fact that it was on the pavement with everyone else's else's might have been a giveaway.

Ted
 Couriers EVRI & DPD are a shambles - Manatee
I have one of those boxes on the wall. I would have had a letter box in the door but regs now say they have to be almost at ground level and I'm not imposing that on the postie.

Trouble is that some people just can't figure out that there is a lidded slot in the top of the box. They try to yank open the locked front that I use to get the contents out, and have already pulled out the bottom screws from a brick wall. I have had to put a Dymo label on it "LIFT THE LID ABOVE"
Latest Forum Posts