Non-motoring > Christine McVie Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 10

Christine McVie - Zero
Has passed away.

I was lucky enough to have tickets for the 2014 Fleetwood Mac tour at the O2, where she unexpectedly guest appeared, rejoining the band.

She contributed to the complex angst and turmoil in the band that was directly responsible for the album, Rumours. Possibly one of the finest rock albums ever.
 Christine McVie - Boxsterboy
Yes, very sad that she has ‘Gone her own way’, so to speak,

Saw them live years ago when they were promoting Tango in The Night, but everyone wanted to hear Rumours tracks - one of the best albums ever made.
 Christine McVie - Crankcase
All my life, every so often, I come across a reference to Rumours. I’ve never listened to it. I think I did try to play the first track once, whatever that might be, but I don’t think I finished it.

Maybe I’ll get around to it one day.

Christine McVie - Zero
Here is the album

But start here. youtu.be/uzEt9cATWFw?t=1479
 Christine McVie - Zero
>> Here is the album
>>
>> But start here. youtu.be/uzEt9cATWFw?t=1479

and then go here

youtu.be/uzEt9cATWFw?t=758
 Christine McVie - Crankcase
Ta. I have access to it easily enough via Spotify. Which today gave me my 2022 stats. 14000 minutes listening this year so far, more than 65% of other Spotify users. And a load of other stats.

But still haven’t found time yet.

Maybe tomorrow.
 Christine McVie - Bobby
26000 minutes here.

The benefit of working from home I guess!
 Christine McVie - Bromptonaut
Her Maiden Name was Perfect.

Father Cyril was a classic musician and part of the Birmingham music scene as was Mrs B's maternal Uncle albeit he and his wife played jazz. Met her stepmother, Cyril's widow, at said Uncle's gaff in mid Wales.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Wed 30 Nov 22 at 21:57
 Christine McVie - Kevin
There was a documentary on TV about a year ago with interviews and quotes from members of the band giving their version of events going on around the time of Rumours. How the Hell their friends navigated the situation without treading on toes is beyond me.
 Christine McVie - Manatee
79, quite a good innings. A talented musician I believe, with some songwriting credits.

I know Rumours, and it is very catchy, but I always start skipping tracks. Overplayed, probably, and I never want to hear 'The Chain' again. Sadly it's unavoidable.

The Fleetwood Mac tracks on my default playlist are all from the Peter Green phase. Black Magic Woman, Green Manalishi and a few more.
 Christine McVie - BiggerBadderDave
'79, quite a good innings'

And starting to look hot.
Latest Forum Posts