Non-motoring > Currys online Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 12

Currys online - smokie
Seeth seeth seeth

My daughter had a £30 voucher for Currys and I saw something for SWMBO discounted 50% to £50. it showed 1 available in my local store so I bought the voucher from her and did the transaction online.

Fairly instant email confirmation received, then three minutes later a mail saying the order had been cancelled, no reason. So 20 minutes on the phone later it turns out they have no stock in the store after all.

The gift card value is now £0 and my bank has been credited (apparently) but both will take three days to turn up. I reckon there's a good chance I will have further issues with the gift card credit.

So if it was a Black Friday deal I will probably miss it due to their incompetence.

They were quick enough to take the money!! If it had just been a cash purchase I could have bought one for delivery. Wish I had now.
 Currys online - Manatee
I think there's every chance this will not resolve automatically but I would expect Curry's to want to try and rectify it if you are prepared to pursue it.

As an organisation Currys has made efforts to become more customer minded over the last few years than it used to be, but as with all 'customer service' these days it can be clunky when something falls off the conveyor belt.
 Currys online - Zero
Yeah, time for popcorn, this could run and run.
 Currys online - bathtub tom
>>As an organisation Currys has made efforts to become more customer minded over the last >>few years than it used to be

Not in my experience. Needed a new microwave and as the one SWMBO wanted seemed to be the same price everywhere, decided to go to Curry's as it was closest and they had them in stock.
Couldn't find one on display, so asked a member of staff if I could unbox one on a lower shelf. They called another member of staff, who rolled their eyes and slowly wandered over. When they couldn't find one either, unboxed one and wandered off. It was suitable, but there appeared to be a little damage, so I took an unopened boxed one to the checkout. There was no staff there, so I opened it and checked it. Had to eventually find another member of staff to ask if I could get served. They appeared to be having a chat with another member of staff about last night's telly. When they eventually deigned to finish their conversation and serve me, the first question they asked was why I unboxed it and did I carry it to the checkout myself (apparently I should have asked someone else to do it - chance to roll my eyes). Further threw them when I asked why it was necessary to give my address and phone number. They muttered something about guarantee, so I told them to enter Mickey Mouse, Disneyland.

I wonder why I don't like Curry's?
 Currys online - Manatee
>>Not in my experience.

I did say they had made efforts! Clearly that lot didn't get the memo.

I've worked for 3 retailers. Not in the shops, thank goodness. I can do it when I have to, but interacting with the general public doesn't come naturally to me and is exhausting.

You can send as many memos and deliver as many training courses as you like but there always remain 3 versions of every operating procedure. Namely, the one that has been specified and trained, the one that head office supposes is the reality, and the one they actually do.

In fairness, I always thought it was a pity that the customers didn't have to go on training courses.

Currys online - CGNorwich
"So if it was a Black Friday deal I will probably miss it due to their incompetence."

Seems a bit harsh. Seems that theur automated stock control didn't tally with the actual stock. Can easily happen. If someone was waiting at the checkout with the item you ordered and it was the last item in stock at that store for example.
 Currys online - smokie
Incompetence wasn't a good word, I was somewhat angry this morning, that's my excuse :-) , but it is the third time I've had this with this branch. Last time I ordered online and drove there to pick something up once they'd said it was ready and they simply couldn't find it. Another time I went there to buy a couple of micro SD cards which showed in stock and they had none when I got there (5 minutes drive away).

I completely understand about stock levels etc and if I'd paid cash I'd have just ordered another one for home delivery right away. But the £30 gift card needed using and I am still annoyed that it will take 3 days min to refund that, especially as the offer may have gone by then.

And finally...this was an extra for SWMBOs Christmas stocking (she'll be happy haha) and I'm pretty sure she heard the conversation this morning and so the element of surprise is gone.
 Currys online - smokie
... and they are still showing as available in my local store.
 Currys online - Ted

Currys about 10 minutes from here so I went last week to get some inks. My Epson kicked off about my spare ersatz set. Hardly any inks on the shelves and even fewer Epsons. Assistant grudgingly went off to search....or did he ? No luck. Got them off Amazon following day.

Ended up across the car park enjoying a cup of tea and a lemon drizzle cake, so it wasn't a wasted trip.

Ted
 Currys online - zippy
Currys vouchers...

Work sell us Currys vouchers at a discount. A few years ago I purchase about £600 worth to get a 10% discount on an American Style fridge freezer as it was in the middle of summer and our existing FF had died and was beyond economic repair.

£600 of vouchers were £540.

Ordered a FF for next day delivery, as confirmed on their site. Spent the vouchers, got an email back saying delivery would be 3 weeks - crooks!

Phoned them up and told the refund would be a few days and I could re-order a different model for next day delivery.

The person on the phone didn't get it that the next day delivery promise was total hogwash and that would be added to the delay for the credit on the gift card to be refunded.

Managed to escalate it to a manager but the nearest I could get for next day delivery was 7 days.
 Currys online - smokie
I'm conversing - after a fashion - on Twitter with them now. I type something then 20 minutes later they type a reply. Not usually the same agent so they are obviously all picking up conversations as they come free.

No progress though and I will give up soon.
 Currys online - smokie
I did give up on that. Tonight I checked the gift card and lo and behold the £30 had been refunded.

So I went back to re-order the item and it has gone up to pre-Black Friday prices - £90 from £45.

Email has gone to the CEO tonight.

Especially given that the original cancellation email, 3 minutes after ordering, said "We have cancelled your order and no payment has been taken. " when it clearly had.

I'm really not that bothered but it does mean the £30 gift card will go to waste (it was an incentive for signing up someone to an ID SIM card).
 Currys online - Clk Sec
>>We have cancelled your order...

The same happened to me two or three years ago when I ordered an item from them. I received an email cancelling the order and advising me that I would be receiving a refund, but not offering any reason for the cancellation.

I've not bought from them since, not will I in the future.
Latest Forum Posts