Non-motoring > Taxman Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 4

Taxman - bathtub tom
I received this morning four 'simple assessment tax calculation (PA302)' documents for the tax years going back to 2018-2019.

They inform me I've underpaid and for the last three years, the debt will be (was) rolled over into the next year. However, for the year 2018-2019 I have to pay them by mid February 2023. Reading the small print in the explanatory notes, it seems I can't pay online and have to post them a cheque.

I've always been PAYE and never had to fill a tax form and this seems strange to me. Is it correct?
 Taxman - Manatee
Gets a bit messy with pensions from different sources which is fairly common. TBH I don't know whether I strictly need to do a tax return, I just do them, and I always seem to get a bit back.

You know that if you have a non-tax-paying spouse you can get a bit of his/her allowance transferred to you? Not sure if that triggers a return. I don't think it should.
 Taxman - bathtub tom
>> You know that if you have a non-tax-paying spouse you can get a bit of
>> his/her allowance transferred to you?

No chance, her pension's better than mine.
 Taxman - Clk Sec
>> don't know whether I strictly need to do a tax return, I just do them,

Might as well, as once you've worked out whether or not you need to, the job is almost done.

Taxman - Terry
I am somewhat surprised that they have gone back to 2018/19.

In doing my own tax return a couple of days ago for 2021/22 it is clear they have already received details of income and tax already deducted from the four different pension schemes I am fortunate enough to benefit from.

I would be inclined to check their figures carefully before payment and make sure their calculations align with your understanding of income and tax already paid.
Latest Forum Posts