Non-motoring > Katie Hopkins Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 24

Katie Hopkins - bathtub tom
She's had her show cancelled by a local council. There's no way I'd pay or go to listen to her obnoxious rants, but isn't this censorship by the 'tofu munching, woke snowflakes' of the worse possible kind? I've signed a petition objecting to the decision.

I did pay to see a presentation by Anthony Wedgewood Benn. It was only mildly political, but interesting. His politics are miles away from mine (once described as a little to the right of Genghis Kahn) and no, I didn't heckle.
 Katie Hopkins - Manatee
I'm not a proponent of de-platforming but I don't think I would have gone so far as to object in her case.

People have been 'cancelled' for example for opposing the removal of statues which is nuts. In Hopkins' case hasn't she referred to immigrants as "cockroaches"? I can see why somebody who seems likely to provoke racial hatred might reasonably be unbooked, although it does raise the question as to why she was booked in the first place.

The council has clearly given this some thought - they think one of their duties is to try and keep the peace and foster harmonious relations, so I can see how they reached this decision which I don't imagine was clear-cut. I assume it's a council-owned venue.
 Katie Hopkins - Ted

Never heard of her !

Ted
 Katie Hopkins - Fullchat
This might jog your memory :)

www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2761124/Katie-Hopkins-FINALLY-admits-caught-camera-outdoor-romp-husband-Celebrity-Juice.html

Katie Hopkins - VxFan
>> This might jog your memory :)
>>
>> www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2761124/Katie-Hopkins-FINALLY-admits-caught-camera-outdoor-romp-husband-Celebrity-Juice.html

I thought this was bad enough, but then she gets roasted on Celebrity Juice too.
 Katie Hopkins - Bromptonaut
>>
>> Never heard of her !
>>
>> Ted

Well known purveyor of hate speech and offence. Also known as Hatey Kopkins!

I guess BT is referring to her appearance at Bedford Corn Exchange being cancelled:

www.bedfordindependent.co.uk/katie-hopkins-bedford-show-cancelled-by-borough-council/

I thoroughly enjoyed her being the loser when sued by cookery writer Jack Monroe over public allegations about Monroe vandalising a memorial. Simple mistaken identity; the vandal was somebody else and not Monroe.
 Katie Hopkins - James Loveless
"I thoroughly enjoyed her being the loser when sued by cookery writer Jack Monroe over public allegations about Monroe vandalising a memorial. Simple mistaken identity; the vandal was somebody else and not Monroe."

Yup - she is thick and stupid as well as nasty. Some people in the UK are apparently impressed by those attributes, plus her big mouth and fondness for attacking anything even slightly left of centre politically.
 Katie Hopkins - Fullchat
She nearly passed out of Sandhurst as an Officer, which is an achievement, having kept her epilepsy hidden:

www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1179775/Apprentice-star-Katie-Hopkins-Why-I-kept-Sandhurst-dark-epilepsy.html
 Katie Hopkins - zippy
>> She nearly passed out of Sandhurst as an Officer, which is an achievement, having kept
>> her epilepsy hidden:
>>
>> www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1179775/Apprentice-star-Katie-Hopkins-Why-I-kept-Sandhurst-dark-epilepsy.html
>>

It is, but it is also concerning that someone with her views (if she had them at the time) would be representing the UK, with firearms.
 Katie Hopkins - zippy
>> She nearly passed out of Sandhurst as an Officer, which is an achievement, having kept
>> her epilepsy hidden:
>>
>> www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1179775/Apprentice-star-Katie-Hopkins-Why-I-kept-Sandhurst-dark-epilepsy.html
>>

I have been thinking about this a bit more. Knowing she had epilepsy she lied to the army and denied someone else a place. What if she had a fit whilst firing a weapon?

No thoughts about the safety of others. No thoughts about preventing someone else who would may have missed out from getting on the course in her place and could have passed out as an officer.

Totally despicable IMHO and to be impressed by it is below your normally high standards FC!

(Sorry if its a bit ranty I've had a long day.)
Last edited by: zippy on Thu 3 Nov 22 at 18:12
 Katie Hopkins - Fullchat
Didn't say I approved of her conduct Zip :)
Only corroborates that her honesty and integrity are "questionable". Not what we expect of military leaders.
However Officer selection and then training at Sandhurst is rigorous and disciplined so credit given.
I sometimes wonder if her contentious persona is deliberate to get her self in the spotlight with an appeal to certain factions of the public.
Last edited by: Fullchat on Thu 3 Nov 22 at 19:36
 Katie Hopkins - Kevin
>I sometimes wonder if her contentious persona is deliberate..

Me too FC. I'm undecided whether she's a windup or not.

I can see why the council wouldn't want her there but on the other hand I don't want councils deciding what is or isn't acceptable and de-platforming on the basis of what someone might say.

Thankfully it appears that Sunak is also going to bin the "legal but harmful" clause from the Online Safety Bill that would have given the professionally-offended a field day.
 Katie Hopkins - Dog
>>Never heard of her !

Here she be: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3jGLO7x4uA
 Katie Hopkins - zippy
She hate children's names that are based on "geographical location names" but apparently named her daughter "India". What's that word beginning "Hypoc"?
 Katie Hopkins - Ted

Nope....still nevaurdover. !

Ted
 Katie Hopkins - BiggerBadderDave
I know, it goes against the grain, I just wouldn't do her.
 Katie Hopkins - R.P.
I was lucky enough to see Tony Benn on one of his tours ( interviwed by Guto Harri) - not my politics (either of them)...he was brilliant.
 Katie Hopkins - Manatee
I was enthralled by Benn's diaries. All from tapes recorded daily as you probably recall. So different to the usual memoirs concocted decades later.
 Katie Hopkins - Lygonos
>>I know, it goes against the grain, I just wouldn't do her.

Even if she wore a Maggie Thatcher mask?
 Katie Hopkins - zippy
>> >>I know, it goes against the grain, I just wouldn't do her.
>>
>> Even if she wore a Maggie Thatcher mask?
>>

I've just had an entire body shiver!
 Katie Hopkins - Terry
She once worked for a company in which I also worked and had a little to do with her.

Opinionated, arrogant, excess of self confidence over ability would be an understatement.

She makes a living out of being objectionable - the tabloid media love it for the controversial column inches it creates. One for the dogmatic and xenophobic.
 Katie Hopkins - Terry
She once worked for a company in which I also worked and had a little to do with her.

Opinionated, arrogant, excess of self confidence over ability would be an understatement.

She makes a living out of being objectionable - the tabloid media love it for the controversial column inches it creates. One for the dogmatic and xenophobic.
 Katie Hopkins - Zero
>> >> >>I know, it goes against the grain, I just wouldn't do her.
>> >>
At least he would find a way to shut her up
 Katie Hopkins - tyrednemotional
>>Even if she wore a Maggie Thatcher mask?

...depends where she wore it....
 Katie Hopkins - tyrednemotional
..she could have had it worse. David Icke has just trumped her....
Latest Forum Posts