Non-motoring > Winter Fuel Payment Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Fullchat Replies: 7

Winter Fuel Payment - Fullchat
Had a nice little surprise today pop through the letter box. My first ever Winter Fuel Payment.

Realistically I don't need it and listening to some stories of ordinary people on TV I have a some feeling of guilt. But it will go towards my £900 bill for heating oil last week.

However my feeling of good fortune soon came to an end when I passed the electric smart meter just now indicating £2929.00 so far today and its only 20.30.

They just know don't they? :/
 Winter Fuel Payment - sooty123
indicating £2929.00 so far today and its only 20.30.
>>
>

Charging a large fleet of Teslas?
 Winter Fuel Payment - Fullchat
I think I'm powering the whole neighbourhood :(
 Winter Fuel Payment - sooty123
Blackpool lights on early this year?
 Winter Fuel Payment - Manatee
2023...our letters arrived this morning, £250 each which includes an unspecified amount for Pensioner Cost of Living payment.

Whilst it won't offset the energy prices that everybody has to contend with, it does seem rather generous - too hard to means test presumably.

I would really resent it if they removed the triple lock, as it's the only fully inflation protected income I and practically everybody else without a public sector pension have, but I would not object to these special payments being based on means.
 Winter Fuel Payment - Zero

>> but I would not object to these special payments being based on means.

It means it funds my cruise deposit.
 Winter Fuel Payment - legacylad
I’ll split it between Ryanair & Jet2 on the ‘Beni Express’.

OTOH my 95yo mums heating is on full blast, and it’s not even cold outside yet, she still feels cold and her fuel allowance doesn’t go far.
 Winter Fuel Payment - smokie
Ours has previously gone on the pink bubbly for Boxing day morning :-) Though £500 - I might not see much of Boxing Day afternoon!! LOL
Last edited by: smokie on Fri 27 Oct 23 at 20:51
Latest Forum Posts