Non-motoring > dart asteroid Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 17

dart asteroid - Manatee
Google it:)
 dart asteroid - Zero
LOL
 dart asteroid - zippy
Thanks, love silly things like that - never take life too seriously!
 dart asteroid - Crankcase
I just get a load of links about, well, the dart asteroid thing and NASA?
 dart asteroid - Dog
Same here, I 'Binged' it.
 dart asteroid - Zero
>> I just get a load of links about, well, the dart asteroid thing and NASA?

Well here is < slaps down fiver (with old queens head) on the table > my money that says you are using some non standard browser locked down tighter than Houdini's box under water
 dart asteroid - smokie
I didn't get it but I now realise you need to specifically open Google search and do it, not just put the phrase in your browser address bar.
 dart asteroid - Manatee
It works for me from the address bar (Chrome).
 dart asteroid - smokie
So it does. It didn't yesterday for me!! (Edge)
 dart asteroid - Crankcase
Yes. Yes I am.

dart asteroid - bathtub tom
Had to explain it to SWMBO.
 dart asteroid - MD
What? Thermostat :-)
 dart asteroid - MD
Oops..Meant to go elsewhere
 dart asteroid - sherlock47
Let us suppose that an intelligence was looking for a ready made space object on which to make a home, either temporarily or a longer term basis for exploratory purposes, ( Humans on Moon, or Mars for example? = altho with the current state of this planet, I am not sure of using the word ' intelligence' is appropriate!)

Using an asteroid for long term high speed travel around the universe could be a viable option for a suitably advanced micro civilisation. Along comes NASA, wipes out an established base. What better excuse for the home base to decide they have had enough of 'earth' - one press of a button and our current problems are over, we are history?

OK, wanderings of a over active imagination, but do we really believe we are alone?
 dart asteroid - CGNorwich
No, Truss is obviously from another planet.
 dart asteroid - zippy
>>but do we really believe we are alone?

After years, nay, decades of searching for extra terrestrial life, of sending signals through space inviting others to communicate with us a message is received back.

It takes our best scientist years to decode the deliberately short message:

"Hush, or they'll hear you!!!"
 dart asteroid - Dog
>> do we really believe we are alone?

God knows.
 dart asteroid - Manatee
>>OK, wanderings of a over active imagination, but do we really believe we are alone?

No...but given the vastness of space and the fleetingness of our (and possibly their) existence in a more or less intelligent form, it seems likely that we might never encounter any of the others.
Latest Forum Posts