Non-motoring > Lavender essential oils benefits ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 6

Lavender essential oils benefits ? - legacylad
The return of damp weather has increased my hip discomfort a lot...it’s the higher humidity you know.
Walking up in the middle of the night to take a pain killer is a PITA....I’ve never trusted homeopathy but wondered if anyone has experience of lavender to aid sleep ?

I’ve tried booze ( obviously) and going t total for a week...neither helps, and the old bladder is still functioning as it should. No night time trips for a pee as yet.
 Lavender essential oils benefits ? - CGNorwich
I think anti inflammatories are going to outperform a bunch of herbs. If ibuprofen doesn’t work I’d ask my doctor for advice. When is your op?
 Lavender essential oils benefits ? - legacylad
>> I think anti inflammatories are going to outperform a bunch of herbs. If ibuprofen doesn’t
>> work I’d ask my doctor for advice. When is your op?
>>
Mid November..exact date to be confirmed.
In the meantime I’ve 45 days in Spain to look forward to. Lower humidity = less pain = more sleep, and the potential to walk a few more miles and retain muscle tone in the hip area.

Hopefully by early Spring I’ll be firing on all 3 cylinders and planning more mini adventures again....friends currently in the Alps and Pyrenees are inspiring me.

Alquezar looks a rustic gem of a place to ease myself back into mountain walking before heading high.
 Lavender essential oils benefits ? - Robin O'Reliant
>> I’ve never trusted homeopathy but wondered if anyone has experience of lavender to aid sleep
>> ?
>>
>>
>>
Yes.

It doesn't work.
 Lavender essential oils benefits ? - Zero
The only Homeopathy that works is canabis.
 Lavender essential oils benefits ? - DeeW
Lavender oil is used as aromatherapy, rather than homeopathy. The latter appears to be tosh.
Lavender does deter moths among other insects, is supposed to have some antiseptic properties and some do find it helps sleep via calming. Seems to be used a lot in baby products, like bath bubbles and talc, to be used at bedtime.
Post surgery for broken femur and total replaced hip, once off morphine, I found paracetamol regularly to max dose did help… I can’t take ibruprofen. Occasional codeine from GP was good on bad days.
No idea whether this would work pre-op as mine was after an accident, but post op was advised to sleep on the replaced hip side (if you sleep on your side) as you are not pulling on the hip. Helped when had partner to support me. The joy when I got from my back onto my preferred lying on my front.
Hope you get it sorted soon.
 Lavender essential oils benefits ? - bathtub tom
Years ago, I was precribed diclofenac sodium for my osteo-arthritis, it worked and I only needed to take one occasionaly. I was then banned from using it due to other problems (dicky ticker). I miss it, as I've never found anything as effective.
Latest Forum Posts